Minor complaints thread (30 Viewers)

Being colourblind shouldn’t make a difference though, you can only have colourblindness that:
1) Makes red and green look the same
Or
2) Makes blue and yellow look the same

I know there are blue and yellow wires but the yellow wires have a green stripe.

Fair point. But this is on boats, so all bets are off. You'd be shocked to find there's bad electrics on boats. badum tish.

I thought an eye test for electricians was standard, but the sasanach look at me funny when I say that. It might just be an Irish thing.

Fair point. But this is on boats, so all bets are off. You'd be shocked to find there's bad electrics on boats. badum tish.

I thought an eye test for electricians was standard, but the sasanach look at me funny when I say that. It might just be an Irish thing.
Like the famous story of the Irish electrician who electrocuted himself and was found hanging from the ceiling light?

Sean D'Olier was his name

I've heard this joke before. D'Olier is a Hugenot name, surely? Not to say that makes it not Irish, but it's clearly French in origin.

Sorry I was triggered there. As in, when someone says "did you hear about the Irishman who blah blah blah" to me. they're trying to make their lazy racism hilarious through "humour", I'll start deconstructing the joke until they get bored or confused and hopefully just fuck off.

Different context here of course.

Just got a spam text. They asked "Do you required police attendance. what is happening and where?" (sic)
I assume they want me to text or call back saying "no", and then charge me a fortune.

I did have to call the police recently, as did herself, and i em....respect the police, shall we say.

But some scammer taking advantage of that? this is low, low shit. What if a battered spouse or a frightened child got that text? Such scumbags.

Sorry I was triggered there. As in, when someone says "did you hear about the Irishman who blah blah blah" to me. they're trying to make their lazy racism hilarious through "humour", I'll start deconstructing the joke until they get bored or confused and hopefully just fuck off.

Different context here of course.
But did you hear the one about Paddy and the van load of monkeys?

I'm getting those scam calls all week. It's an automated voice, tbh I only listened to a few seconds of the first one. " Your personal data has been compromised" something like that. I just let them ring out.
They don't have shit. Fuck off.

They seem to only work Monday to Friday though.

Last edited:
Got a few of those scam calls a few weeks ago. Listened to the first one for a little while before hanging up, all subsequent ones hung up in a second.
It really did nearly get me. And I know people smarter than me that have gotten done for thousands.

All I did differently recently was pay the tax bill and replace my broken bank card, which might mean that they have access to HMRC or my bank. Or my laptop. That's worrying.

If any of you IT dudes could enlighten and educate, I would appreciate it.

i think half the people i know have been getting scam calls recently. though with recent hacks - facebook, linkedin, HSE etc., god knows where their numbers were obtained.

Ah, now that I think of it, I did some work with my old employer. They pay through some dodgy payroll company based in the Channel Islands. I know they sell their users info. That's most likely it. Pricks.

My money's on it being facebook's fault. I haven't had a single one of those scam calls & herself has had a few. Her number was in the facebook breach, mine wasn't (duh)

(enter your number as 35387XXXXXXX, 35386XXXXXXX or whatever depending on your number's prefix)

Is there an insomnia thread?

Because this is really fucking annoying. It'd be alright if I was getting something done, but I'm not. I'm just zombie-ing around and drinking beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back