Minor complaints thread (61 Viewers)

i've taken nearly half my gutters down to strip and repaint them, and the fascias and soffits too. will be fun refitting them.
and then doing the bits which need a two storey ladder (or scissor lift, preferably)

We had a leaky gutter after we got them cleaned out - the power washing had slightly dislodged a plastic clip thing that was meant to keep two overlapping sections snugly joined together. I figured out the problem AND fixed it all by myself and I am therefore The King of DIY.

look on the bright side, it *saved* you a day's work.

Just spoke to the boss. He was alright about it. He would've preferred if I didn't come in today anyway because of rain. But yesterday was an important day.

I dunno why my phone did this. It's managed to go into airplane mode, then out of it, then back into it, without me deliberately doing anything. Like it's trying to mess with my head.

AVOID NOKIA!!!

We had a leaky gutter after we got them cleaned out - the power washing had slightly dislodged a plastic clip thing that was meant to keep two overlapping sections snugly joined together. I figured out the problem AND fixed it all by myself and I am therefore The King of DIY.
I would expect this to be he minimal amount of DIY anyone should be able to do.
Also Tech 7 is great gear

Our gutters dump right onto the ground beside the house and then soak the walls because they were installed by a moron who thought he could do it all himself.

There's a good 60k worth of work minimum to be done here if anyone feels like paying for it.

I don't think I've ever seen a perfectly functioning gutter. Or eaves-shoot as my dad would say.

Our gutters dump right onto the ground beside the house and then soak the walls because they were installed by a moron who thought he could do it all himself.

There's a good 60k worth of work minimum to be done here if anyone feels like paying for it.

Attachments

• 48E4BA3F-58DA-415B-A0A3-09061DF37DEF.png
    48E4BA3F-58DA-415B-A0A3-09061DF37DEF.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
Gutters are not difficult. Fucking essential to have them right.

Gutters are not difficult. Fucking essential to have them right.

In my last flat a leaky gutter wrecked the communal hallway. There was so much water dripping in over such a long time into a specific spot. And since it was a house split into flats, with four different landlords, no one wanted to take responsibility. The guy who lived in the groundfloor flat used to own the whole building, so he was quite annoyed because he knew how important it was. But we weren't allowed to do anything about it.

Then we got kicked out. Mid-pandemic. Sorry for caring, landlord pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back