Minor complaints thread (25 Viewers)

I think there's albinos less pale than me. I once got burnt so badly on my nose on a cloudy day that it started bleeding later.

Jesus. That sounds horrific.

I only have to think about hot weather and I tan. Incidentally my missus (who's as pale as a milk bottle) has recently said I've never been more pale.
This is what happens when i don't fuck off to Spain for a week once a year

Same here, I know I *should* wear sun cream from a skin health perspective but I never feel like I need to as I haven’t had a burn in 10+ years.

I thought the same until I got a nice burn a few years ago. Hottest day ever In Ireland mind.
I think I will actually start using the stuff.
Had an aunt die of skin cancer a few years ago so really no excuse not to be using the stuff

UTM, who has travelled quite a lot slowly went the route of covering up more than using sun block after observing that that was what literally every super warm country more or less was doing.

I went for a skin check a couple weeks ago. They take a look at all your freckles through something like a jewellers loupe to see if there's anything untoward. That's some seriously unusual proximity, these days.

The doctor said to be sure to use factor 50 from April through September in Ireland and wear a big big hat.

norm-celebrity-jeopardy.jpg

Herself is making her own kimchi, a big tub of it. Grand, good healthy stuff, but it's too spicy for me.

I only just noticed that she's using four of my beer cans to weigh down the cabbage in the spicy briny mix.
First, they're my beers. Second, when she's finished with them I'll get my beers back covered in gochujang, which is like pepper spray to me. Third, I had a couple of days of wondering "shit, where did those beers go? Did I drink all those beers that night?". No, actually. Glad I didn't, but what a head wrecker.

The camera on my phone decides to occasionally flip photo's. I can't remember what that's called in technical parlance, been a while since I photoshopped. But I have all these selfies of some guy I don't recognise, and then realise it's me, from the pov of how other people see me. It's horrible. This post also belongs in the "you know you're getting old" thread.

It's May 21st. It's fucking freezing, and it's been fucking freezing since I got here.

I'd appreciate if it wasn't fucking freezing. The sun comes out, the sea is lovely, I don't mind the ol bit of wind, but how is it always fucking freezing?

Ireland was always fucking freezing and I just never noticed, wasn't it.

It's May 21st. It's fucking freezing, and it's been fucking freezing since I got here.

I'd appreciate if it wasn't fucking freezing. The sun comes out, the sea is lovely, I don't mind the ol bit of wind, but how is it always fucking freezing?

Ireland was always fucking freezing and I just never noticed, wasn't it.
It's particularly shit right now

You say that as if a chance exists that at some other point in time the place won't be fucking freezing.

I'm not falling for your gaslighting Johnny. Not for a moment. I've seen the reality with my own eyes, and that reality is one thing: fucking freezing.
This time last year it was like summer. Summer in May! Imagine

It's the damp you are feeling rather than the cold. I've a Polish mate who grew up with -20 winters and he said he didn't know what cold was till he got here.
Just stay outside and moving till either homestasis kicks in or you get TB and don't have to worry about the cold.
You probably already have a dehimidifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back