Minor complaints thread (5 Viewers)

There's this song I keep getting in my head, a really chirpy 80s pop song but I don't know the lyrics and it doesn't have much of a melody that you could hum to anyone and the bit i have on loop is musically fairly minimal, just the beat (mid tempo) with keyboard chords on the 1st and 3rd beats of the bar and the singing over it. I don't know who sings it but it sounds to me like a song that a Scottish or Australian band would come up with.
Think of two bars with a c major chord (mostly keyboard) on the 1 and 3 beats and then two bars with g minor then back to c etc. There are other parts of the song too but I don't remember them. Does that ring any bells? I might attempt to transcribe the bit of melody I have later

Actually the singing in the first bar of c kinda matches the 1,2,3,4 of the rhythm and the second bar the singing is more 1-and-2-and-three-eee, same with the g-minor bit except the second g-minor bar is 1-and-2-and-3-and-4
I made a cover of what i have in my mind
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's so good I don't really need to know the original anymore but anyone recognize it?

Good work there on that demo!

My two cents are that BAD are great in places and their first two albums are worth it but... man... it gets tough. Unlistenably tough for me.

Also anyone who pulls out the old chestnut of wishing Mick Jones sang all the Clash songs (because Joe Strummer is a bit too gruff and grownup for them or whatever) needs to hear BAD and realize that the Clash were experts at choosing songs that fit Mick Jones voice.

About half the songs on this album i'm like "Man, if Joe Strummer had sang this and also wrote better lyrics it'd be a classic"

Still a good album though. Weird version of the 80s with all the sampling + live band, it kind of feels like he thought music was going to go one way but it instead went another and we ended up with Wet Wet Wet and Public Enemy.

@hiadudiad?

This is an unreleased song from Mick Jones & Joe Strummer from the sessions on the second BAD album. Imho it's fucking glorious and better than anything on there. Pure Big Audio Dynamite sound on it but with a bit more guitar, pretty much continuing on from where parts of Combat Rock left off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

lettuce no if you think it's any good or if it's just 10 minutes of a shit riff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back