Minor complaints thread (38 Viewers)

Some lad dropped a sharps bin in our rubbish area in the apartments where I live.

A fucking sharps bin. Bright yellow, biohazard sticker, up the road from CDC, HHS, and NIAID, just resting up against the skip.

I fucking feel for the binmen around here.

Gobshites.

people being silly enough to buy a house.
Have you tried to rent anywhere near Dublin lately? My mortgage is less than what students are being forced to pay for shitty rooms in bigger houses/apartments. And I’m not going to get turfed out when my landlord decides they want more money.

unendentured is a bigger word.
And a bigger amount of money in the long run.

Maybe it's the country boy in me, but I'd rather be paying a mortgage than paying for someone elses investment. Renting sucks balls.

unendentured is a bigger word.
And a bigger amount of money in the long run.

Maybe it's the country boy in me, but I'd rather be paying a mortgage than paying for someone elses investment. Renting sucks balls.
I'd be happy enough to rent for the rest of my life if it was secure and affordable, but that's impossible in Ireland. Honestly i'd happily live at home if my parents were... uh... easier to get along with?

Yeah, sorry Lili. You are right. If it was secure and affordable and reliable it'd be alright. That seems to work in other countries. I think it's the lack of security of renting that gets me.

It would be alright, but I wouldn't say it was preferable to owning. I know people who own and live on boats or in cars or caravans or in sheds. It's not much, and they may still have to pay for mooring/land rent, but they own a thing. If the shit hits the fan, they won't starve.

Living with the parents though? Nah, that's regressive af. Two of my brothers did it for a while. They're happy mortgage payers now, but they said it was hell.

i have all my teeth, thank you very much.
we're damn lucky though. we bought this in place in 2012, maybe a couple of months after the bottom was hit. wouldn't be able to/want to afford the mortgage if we were to buy it now.
Where I live (boggerland) the property market didn't bottom out until the mid 2010's. So as recently as 2016/17 you get a two bedroom flat for less than 60,000. Hardly any flats on the market now.

Where I live (boggerland) the property market didn't bottom out until the mid 2010's. So as recently as 2016/17 you get a two bedroom flat for less than 60,000. Hardly any flats on the market now.

So your issue isn’t with being indentured from a mortgage, it’s to do with them being affordable ?

well done on spelling indentured properly. Touche.

if flats always cost 60,000 there would be no need for mortgages ?
how much money do you need to put up front for a mortgage on a house that costs 200 or 300,000 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back