Minor complaints thread (59 Viewers)

I just told a homeless man “safe home”.
His reply was “unfortunately I am home” and all I could think of saying was “yeah that’s true”
Probably not the worst thing to happen to him today but still, I’m a dick.

No you're not.

I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the homeless around my way. If they ask me for spare change or a cigarette and I say no, they just go "alright". They do understand better than most people that everyones life is fecked in different ways. And speaking to someone like they're an actual human is far more important than a bit of change or whatever.

Actually, on that note, I was just informed in that last half hour that a homeless friend of mine passed away. He was never begging on the street homeless, more a hostel to hostel type. Good solid person, he'd have been grand if he was just housed properly. I obviously hadn't seen him in the last few months. Everyone knew him, everyone liked him.

Not sure how to deal with funeral arrangements, but it will to some extent fall on us lot to do that stuff. The missus is a bit emotional about it, which means I have to be the stoic one. But I am sad about it.

At any time that would be awful, but with covid restrictions it’s even worse.
Really sorry seanc.

Sorry to hear that seanc. Not easy to have the burden of soicism to deal with too.
Yeah, here I am moaning on Thumped instead.

He was a cool dude though, I am sad. At least I have the Irish catholic upbringing to keep me sane. These protestant urbane English folks really don't deal with death very well. It's one of the most striking differences between Ireland and England I've noticed. They take my "Ok that's shit news. So, what now?" attitude as being disrespectful, but srsly, what now? There's a lot of shit we need to get done. And it's part of the grieving process. It's part of life. It helps.

Blah, anyway.....

Had my annual GDPR training last week. Usually the training people just lash together an online training but this year, due to monumental breaches of very sensitive information, the training was on MS Teams. With 'breakout rooms' for group exercises, for added craic.

My Wacom pen doesn't work in Outlook, I think because it conflicts with "Microsoft Ink". There is no easy way of turning that off. It seems I need to use Run commands and enter a laod of code in order to do it.

What a pain in the hole.

i remember when sky first arrived it was both a novelty and off putting that sky showed ads for their own shows in ad breaks within shows, rather than just between shows. how naive were we.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back