Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

just kidding, keep trying to be clever.

My minor complaint is i just got a thing in the post saying they're gonna cut the power for a day. Pricks.

It'll go later than they say and probably come back sooner. A pain in the arse if you're trying to run a business from the sticks.

It's just part of your apprenticeship for culshie-hood. Next: getting your septic tank desludged
It happened three times to me last year in the city!

but yeah, I have an entire plan for the septic tank sadly. Bye bye savings but it's gotta be done.

We have one. Two problems - first, I don't think it does a very good job. We have the tank which drains into a percolation area, which ultimately drains into a ditch. There's been no frogspawn downstream of the tank since we moved in, and there used to be before (and there's still frogspawn upstream). Second, it keeps clogging up - it's not that difficult unclog it, but still it's a nasty job

We have one. Two problems - first, I don't think it does a very good job. We have the tank which drains into a percolation area, which ultimately drains into a ditch. There's been no frogspawn downstream of the tank since we moved in, and there used to be before (and there's still frogspawn upstream). Second, it keeps clogging up - it's not that difficult unclog it, but still it's a nasty job
I had to get a guy out to fix ours as I was fed up unblocking it every 5 weeks or so. It too wasn't percolating properly. I'm not sure what he did exactly, but he cleared it out and added a whole new length of pipe and it appears to have done the job.

Haha yeah, especially when you're too cheap to buy rods, and are shoving a length of half-inch pipe down instead, and it flicks up and sprays you with shite

(I've learned my lesson and bought rods since)

They're like the tuner pedal of rural home ownership equipment, annoyingly boring but an utterly necessary investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back