Minor complaints thread (20 Viewers)

I've been playing Truck Simulator lately. I can hitch up alright, but everything else I do would land me in prison. Reversing is HARD.

Now I need to track down a few hundred truck drivers and apologise to them.

rained here several times today in North Tipp, so i'm surprised it was that hot in Dublin.
lots of clouds and never hit 20 C i'd say.

i'm always conscious of getting sunburned and usually keep my arms covered when out
walking in summer but today was a t shirt day - not much sun to worry about.

minor complaint:
i've sprained my back.
good excuse to lie on my back looking at internet for 6 hours tho'

Drank one (1) Whiteclaw and was asleep by 10pm last night. Middle age is a bollocks.

Flipside is I'm up early to get more wall staring done in the morning.

RE: Metallers (posts passim)
I was always wild jealous of metallers growing up, they seemed very close knit and had loads of friends who were also metallers. That camaraderie didn't seem as in evidence in any scene I was apart of, especially not the watery indie rock scene. Metallers I grew up with still seem a part of an ageing metal community too, which is lovely.

Drank one (1) Whiteclaw and was asleep by 10pm last night. Middle age is a bollocks.

Flipside is I'm up early to get more wall staring done in the morning.

RE: Metallers (posts passim)
I was always wild jealous of metallers growing up, they seemed very close knit and had loads of friends who were also metallers. That camaraderie didn't seem as in evidence in any scene I was apart of, especially not the watery indie rock scene. Metallers I grew up with still seem a part of an ageing metal community too, which is lovely.

The Irish Metalheads group on Facebook is one of relentless positivism and camaraderie.

Didn't think that post had legs. Way back when, we told legends of how many metallers there were in Mullingar or Tullamore. They could walk the streets with impunity, in gangs of up to five or six. In Dublin, so the stories say, there were actual metal pubs. Most of all, it was said that these metal people were "sound" and (whisper it) "good craic like". These fabled tales I refused to believe as a child.

Didn't think that post had legs. Way back when, we told legends of how many metallers there were in Mullingar or Tullamore. They could walk the streets with impunity, in gangs of up to five or six. In Dublin, so the stories say, there were actual metal pubs. Most of all, it was said that these metal people were "sound" and (whisper it) "good craic like". These fabled tales I refused to believe as a child.

Where did you grow up? I think @therealjohnny had a rough enough time in the Donegal Gaeltacht but I thought that metal was more or less even distributed across Ireland outside Dublin (the city of metal, the Ha'Penny Bridge being The Metal Bridge) .

Where did you grow up? I think @therealjohnny had a rough enough time in the Donegal Gaeltacht but I thought that metal was more or less even distributed across Ireland outside Dublin (the city of metal, the Ha'Penny Bridge being The Metal Bridge) .
There were a lot of longhairs about in my part of Donegal. One or two assholes took exception every now and again but it was mostly ok. The boredom is what almost did me in.

I don't like posting that kind of info, but since I haven't lived there for 20 years, and I'm sure I've mentioned it here at some point in the last 20 years, I'm from the 'sloe. There was metallers and ravers and farmers. And then there was mitzy's, and then there were much fewer metallers. Then those of us that were left all moved to Galway or Limerick or wherever.

I don't like posting that kind of info, but since I haven't lived there for 20 years, and I'm sure I've mentioned it here at some point in the last 20 years, I'm from the 'sloe. There was metallers and ravers and farmers. And then there was mitzy's, and then there were much fewer metallers. Then those of us that were left all moved to Galway or Limerick or wherever.

I have you as 16 in my head so you talking like an auld lad is making no sense to me. Glad you have found your peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back