Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

Writers often compare listening to their music to the whiplash of thumbing through digital feeds, but 100 gecs resist the cultivated eccentricity common on Twitter or TikTok, eliciting instead the spontaneous freedom of riffing in a group chat. Listening to 100 gecs is like watching your buds test out tricks at the skatepark: it’s less about precision and polish than the act of being together and having a good time.

Can't say i've ever gotten whiplash, real or metaphorical, from "thumbing" through a digital feed. And the second sentence can just fuck off.

Writers often compare listening to their music to the whiplash of thumbing through digital feeds, but 100 gecs resist the cultivated eccentricity common on Twitter or TikTok, eliciting instead the spontaneous freedom of riffing in a group chat. Listening to 100 gecs is like watching your buds test out tricks at the skatepark: it’s less about precision and polish than the act of being together and having a good time.

Can't say i've ever gotten whiplash, real or metaphorical, from "thumbing" through a digital feed. And the second sentence can just fuck off.

Pitchfork can fuck the fuck off forever

A neighbor had his cows in the field right beside us. Even with the windows closed you can hear them.
People keep asking if there cows there and seem shocked when I say yes.
Would it not be a whole lot weirder if there weren’t cows and I was just making that noise down the phone?
3 calls in a row with people being amazed at cow noises and then a 5 min conversation about cows or the trip they had to a farm as a kid.
Just... no.

I don't know what any of this means

Well...I know what Twitter, tiktok and skate parks are but that's it

I love how they are actually serious and its not a big piss-take and people are writing about them as if there is some serious merit behind it. LOL na it's fuckin bullshit that takes 5 minutes to put together in a DAW and even with that I'd still make it sound better than that shit

Charli XCX has been trying to make that sound big for about two years now and i'm half convinced it can't be turned into palatable radio music while also knowing that eventually someone will find a way of Ed Sheeran-ing it. I mean christ, remember Wake Me Up by Avicii? We all listened in disbelief at this terrible Mumford EDM, but it worked, it was fucking massive!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Bladez
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back