Minor complaints thread (20 Viewers)

The traffic. Oh the traffic.
It's worse than it has ever been, by quite some amount, in Dublin City.

Public transport is only operating on a 20% capacity due to social distancing and I think people are using any old excuse to drive their cars to/from places now instead.

And these people are the worst fucking drivers I've ever seen.
More than a few close calls this week and every Tom dick and Harry using the bus lanes Into the bargain. I've had to stop myself getting out of my van in traffic and walking over and dragging dickheads out of their cars (and ask them why do they think it's ok to break a red light and almost crush a cyclist, for one example of nearly a hundred) just to be stuck at another red light 50 yards further down the road.

A lot of exhaling and slow breathing have been practised lately!

When I moved out of Dublin, a big cultural shock was just how much more cyclists and pedestrians are considered over here. And it's only gotten more considerate since then. Dublin drivers* tend to have the worst aspects of city drivers and also the worst aspects of small town/country drivers.
There's some kind of selfish, almost Trumpian attitude to Dublin motorists. Actually, all over Ireland.

*Present company excepted, I'm sure.

Ordered a thing from Greece, it shipped 3 weeks ago.

18/6/2020, 21:05:43ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTERDEPARTURE FROM OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> IRELAND)
29/5/2020, 20:52:13ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTERARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> IRELAND)
29/5/2020, 16:46:42ATHENS SORTING CENTERDISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
29/5/2020, 16:04:28ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTERARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
29/5/2020, 15:25:18ATHENS SORTING CENTERDISPATCH UNLOADED
29/5/2020, 13:43:24AMAROUSIOU (KK) - ELTADISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS SORTING CENTER)
29/5/2020, 07:17:20MELISSION ATTIKIS - ELTADISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
28/5/2020, 13:56:27MELISSION ATTIKIS - ELTADISPATCH CLOSED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
28/5/2020, 13:40:29MELISSION ATTIKIS - ELTAITEM PICK UP

Ordered a thing from Greece, it shipped 3 weeks ago.

18/6/2020, 21:05:43ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTERDEPARTURE FROM OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> IRELAND)
29/5/2020, 20:52:13ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTERARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> IRELAND)
29/5/2020, 16:46:42ATHENS SORTING CENTERDISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
29/5/2020, 16:04:28ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTERARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
29/5/2020, 15:25:18ATHENS SORTING CENTERDISPATCH UNLOADED
29/5/2020, 13:43:24AMAROUSIOU (KK) - ELTADISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS SORTING CENTER)
29/5/2020, 07:17:20MELISSION ATTIKIS - ELTADISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
28/5/2020, 13:56:27MELISSION ATTIKIS - ELTADISPATCH CLOSED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
28/5/2020, 13:40:29MELISSION ATTIKIS - ELTAITEM PICK UP
That’s some office of exchange!

Trying to sort car insurance and it's a pain in the fucking hole. Was on to a broker last week, got a really good price off him. He was meant to email on the details, never did and now I can't get the fucker on the phone. Gah

I e-mailed the seller last week asking if they could check in to it, I was told a lot of post is going ove land instead of on planes so things are taking ages to arrive and be updated.
That’s probably true. I waited 5 weeks for some books from the UK. They finally arrived in a mail sack on my doorstep - usually a sign that they’ve been sent by the slow boat.

I've been trying for three weeks to get some ridiculously filthy windows cleaned at work and now the finance person says she probably won't approve the job because 'they'll probably just look the same again in a week or two'

For fuck's sake

A bunch of nose hairs have decided to sprout. Itchy, sneezy, gross, makes me feel old, I shouldn't be touching my face.

nose hairs be damned.

Had to travel to Clonmel yesterday and I didn't have the makings of a lunch at home so for the first time since March I had a deli lunch on the road. Maybe my pallet has just become used to food I've prepared myself but I don't remember that shit being so salty.

The traffic. Oh the traffic.
It's worse than it has ever been, by quite some amount, in Dublin City.

Public transport is only operating on a 20% capacity due to social distancing and I think people are using any old excuse to drive their cars to/from places now instead.

And these people are the worst fucking drivers I've ever seen.
More than a few close calls this week and every Tom dick and Harry using the bus lanes Into the bargain. I've had to stop myself getting out of my van in traffic and walking over and dragging dickheads out of their cars (and ask them why do they think it's ok to break a red light and almost crush a cyclist, for one example of nearly a hundred) just to be stuck at another red light 50 yards further down the road.

A lot of exhaling and slow breathing have been practised lately!
Yeah bigtime I've noticed this. Had a near miss last week myself. Was pulling out of a car park, someone had kindly stopped to let me out and some other yahoo was coming flying up the outside (the road forks into two lanes a little up ahead). Luckily I was going at a snail's pace but he still swerved right into the opposite lane, blaring his horn. Fortunately there was no traffic coming the other way. Traffic is chaos but people are out of practice with driving and doing insane shit.

When I moved out of Dublin, a big cultural shock was just how much more cyclists and pedestrians are considered over here. And it's only gotten more considerate since then. Dublin drivers* tend to have the worst aspects of city drivers and also the worst aspects of small town/country drivers.
There's some kind of selfish, almost Trumpian attitude to Dublin motorists. Actually, all over Ireland.

*Present company excepted, I'm sure.
As someone who normally walks to work but also drives and cycles a fair amount, you're not wrong. Cyclists in particular get no consideration from Dublin drivers; it's shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Deadmanposting
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back