Minor complaints thread (17 Viewers)

I had to unblock the sewer. Again. I think the water level in the septic tank is too high meaning that the effluent (ugh) from the house has nowhere to go. I had the thing emptied last year. Could it be because of the recent heavy rain or is there a problem with the tank itself?
Calling the plumber again tomorrow to have another look.

There might be a run off for overflow from the tank ? But maybe it hasn't got one ? I wouldn't be surprised if the rain is affecting it there has been so much.

Ugh. My mechanic finding loads of corroded / rusted out parts underneath on my pre-NCT check / service.
It Might pass but still will be $$$$

Couldn’t be fully tested due to that ramp /lift issue so will have to go back to get the rusty bits inspected (read: failed again)

failed on two things:
the VIN number not being visible enough
an imbalance in the brakes.
Mechanic checked them out. Callipers were Originals / as old as me so needed to be replaced anyway. Not cheap.

this is going to be costly and it still has to go back a third time after sorting out VIN visibility and Brakes to likely fail again. Maybe I’ll get a chance to patch up some stuff underneath in the interim

Just after finding out one of the bf’s kids has nits from school and they were with him all weekend. Now he’s itching his head, and of course, after a few hours of visiting (not knowing) I’m now itching my head. I really hope this is psychosomatic and I don’t have them too. I’ve never had them, not even when I was young. 😐

Just after finding out one of the bf’s kids has nits from school and they were with him all weekend. Now he’s itching his head, and of course, after a few hours of visiting (not knowing) I’m now itching my head. I really hope this is psychosomatic and I don’t have them too. I’ve never had them, not even when I was young. 😐
ah, the old nits. They dealt with that in my day by shaving the heads of any kids that had them. Luckily I dodged that bullet. A shaved head would not me, suit.

A few years ago my brother mentioned to his then girlfriend that we used to have a "dandruff comb" when we were young. After describing it, through tears of laughter she informed him it was in fact a nit comb.
I was in my forties when I found out.

A few years ago my brother mentioned to his then girlfriend that we used to have a "dandruff comb" when we were young. After describing it, through tears of laughter she informed him it was in fact a nit comb.
I was in my forties when I found out.
Nice

Last edited:
When we moved into our house there was a mouldy looking bed in the master bedroom and the only other item in the room was a leaflet about scabies in the wardrobe. We did not keep the bed.

I got scabies at college. The worst thing is telling everyone else that they also need to treat themselves and wash all their clothes. Then again, everyone else had it too so it wasn't so bad.
I got scabies completely randomly a few years ago. The quack of a doctor I went to misdiagnosed so it dragged on for ages. Worst month of my life hands down.

I got scabies at college. The worst thing is telling everyone else that they also need to treat themselves and wash all their clothes. Then again, everyone else had it too so it wasn't so bad.
Reminds me of the interview with Deke from Oi Polloi where he told of the European squat that was dived into rooms for people with scabies and those without. Makes sense. But...eww

I got scabies completely randomly a few years ago. The quack of a doctor I went to misdiagnosed so it dragged on for ages. Worst month of my life hands down.
My Mam was misdiagnosed with scabies for a few months but it was cancer.
Doctors can be as thick as the rest of us sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back