Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

I thought our Virgin box was on the blink all day yesterday, so I couldn't record Star Trek last night. It was still off this morning, so on further investigation I realised the kids had just pulled out a cable from the back of it. Arse.

I don't really like complaining, but I have just spent the best part of 45 minutes adding - detail by detail - the times, dates, links location of a bunch of events I'm going to next week, into my calendar

When I finally got to the bottom of the list, there was a fucking link to do it all with a click

Fucking computers

I just bitched at one of the lads working the bar because he counted up the float wrong (he’s been here about a year, he should know it by now).
Annnnnd it was because he’d gotten a call late last night saying his grandad wasn’t well...
I’m an asshole

I just bitched at one of the lads working the bar because he counted up the float wrong (he’s been here about a year, he should know it by now).
Annnnnd it was because he’d gotten a call late last night saying his grandad wasn’t well...
I’m an asshole
No you're not. Unless you called him names while telling him he made a mistake :)

No but I was a bit passive aggressive, saying “if you don’t mind, could you please double check...” and so on.
Oh well

No but I was a bit passive aggressive, saying “if you don’t mind, could you please double check...” and so on.
Oh well

You think you were passive agressive, but actually, that is a perfectly reasonable request, and if he didn't feel up to doing it after the call about his grandfather then he could have asked for help, or said, "Hey, I think I might not have been fully concentrating when I was doing the float last night, sorry."

Combination of mid-term and childminder being sick has completely scrambled my day. Meetings cancelled (and missed) and work pushed back by at least a week. Nothing is life or death but I still have to teach in the middle of the day and that can’t be re-arranged. I have a big ball of stress in my chest and I just want to go back to bed.

The cat smashed something in the living room. It might be the vase of flowers I got the missus, or it might be the plaster skull I brought back from Kutna Hora years ago. Too tired to go and look. Tomorrow is another day.

Dude

You not bringing slicks with you ?

You have showers in work?
not slicks, but I wear cycling gear that keeps you warm when went, and is fairly easy drying.

and yes, thankfully theres a shower here. Only the one between the lot of us but I'm normally first in.

Got soaked again this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
  • G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back