Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

Is it likely the seller will offer anything? He can just blame the postal service?

It happened to me on ebay before and the seller completely washed his hands off it. Paypal/Ebay thought differently and I got my money back.

From PayPal's perspective, you paid someone to send you a record, if you didn't get the record then they didn't do what you asked them.

"But he didn't pay extra to have it tracked, I gave him the option" the seller will say. PayPal won't care, you paid for an item, you didn't get the item.

The thinking behind it is the seller can open up a claim with the post, you cannot. If the seller didn't pay enough to cover themselves for loss of item in the post that's on them. That's why you'll often get sellers who insist on sending records the most expensive route possible.

gotcha. thanks.

I've told him I'll wait until the end of the week, leaving the threat of "further action" implied.

The record that got lost in the post has popped up on Discogs again from another seller..and cheaper this time. Should I buy it. The other one might arrive yet. Decisions, decisions.

i bought some car parts from some dick in germany and i insisted i go via paypal and also their 'goods and services' section rather than 'friends and family' so i had some protection (and not straight transfer in to his bank account).

which i ended up needing.
fucker still has my 420 euro and the parts i 'bought'.
awaiting paypal resolution in a few days

i bought some car parts from some dick in germany and i insisted i go via paypal and also their 'goods and services' section rather than 'friends and family' so i had some protection (and not straight transfer in to his bank account).

It's a really niche way to screw people over.

I’m trying to find a half decent used car.
I’ve now looked at 700+ car ads, read about 30 articles on different makes and watched around 20 reviews on YouTube.
My brain hurts.

got my refund

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back