Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

I've had a "Nest" thermostat for a week now and I still can't figure out how to work it.

If only those ESB guys had taken that offer of a cup of tea I could have chatted with them about how to use the thing.

I've had a "Nest" thermostat for a week now and I still can't figure out how to work it.

If only those ESB guys had taken that offer of a cup of tea I could have chatted with them about how to use the thing.

I have one and I love it.
It learns your comings and goings. And switches off when you leave the house.

Best bit is not having to get up off the sofa to crank the heat – you can do it from the phone

Because of that poor young fella getting left in the burnt out car down our lane, the Gards told my tenants that they should get an alarm.

So now I have to get a fucking alarm. Which I wouldn't mind, except they are useless and a waste of goddamn money. Just like the Gards themselves really.

Because of that poor young fella getting left in the burnt out car down our lane, the Gards told my tenants that they should get an alarm.

So now I have to get a fucking alarm. Which I wouldn't mind, except they are useless and a waste of goddamn money. Just like the Gards themselves really.

In case someone breaks in and dumps a burnt out car with a dismembered body inside in the middle of the living room?

In case someone breaks in and dumps a burnt out car with a dismembered body inside in the middle of the living room?
Well, exactly
I mean I’ll get them whatever they want to feel safe, this just seems like kind of a waste.

I had already ordered a dusk-til-dawn light for the front of the house which I was excited about, so I’m going to focus on that instead.

I have one and I love it.
It learns your comings and goings. And switches off when you leave the house.

Best bit is not having to get up off the sofa to crank the heat – you can do it from the phone
It just won't connect to my phone. No idea why. I've installed the app using the PIN code and everything. It won't turn the heat on or off even though I've scheduled it to. We've resorted to manually turning off the power to the boiler like we did before we got it. I'm looking for a young person to come over and sort it out for us.

It just won't connect to my phone. No idea why. I've installed the app using the PIN code and everything. It won't turn the heat on or off even though I've scheduled it to. We've resorted to manually turning off the power to the boiler like we did before we got it. I'm looking for a young person to come over and sort it out for us.
Ah, crap. That sounds frustrating as fuck. I use it through the Home app. The only tricky thing for me was connecting the wires. The people in the house before me, connected the old thermostat - mid-point in the run - to the boiler with different colored wires - red and white coming from the boiler - green and yellow going up to the Living Room. Could have really messed me up if I hadn't checked. Not saying that's what you problem is, but it was the one bullet I had to dodge with the yoke.
I went to the home store and bought the correct wiring and redid it.

1579278013333.png

1579278030699.png

Ah, crap. That sounds frustrating as fuck. I use it through the Home app. The only tricky thing for me was connecting the wires. The people in the house before me, connected the old thermostat - mid-point in the run - to the boiler with different colored wires - red and white coming from the boiler - green and yellow going up to the Living Room. Could have really messed me up if I hadn't checked. Not saying that's what you problem is, but it was the one bullet I had to dodge with the yoke.
I went to the home store and bought the correct wiring and redid it.

View attachment 13371

View attachment 13372
waaaay beyond my abilities. fair play to you

waaaay beyond my abilities. fair play to you
The yoke said "if you have a green wire, you have air-conditioning"
I had the green wire, but no air conditioning, so I kind of had to explore then.

My capabilities - such as they are - run to whatever is on Youtube and whatever is in this buke

1579279342766.png

Good luck with the Nest - hope it comes good for you

The yoke said "if you have a green wire, you have air-conditioning"
I had the green wire, but no air conditioning, so I kind of had to explore then.

My capabilities - such as they are - run to whatever is on Youtube and whatever is in this buke

View attachment 13373

Good luck with the Nest - hope it comes good for you
The ESB guys set it up , and connected it to our wifi and told me it was good to go.

I will probably figure it out....by summer

Well, exactly
I mean I’ll get them whatever they want to feel safe, this just seems like kind of a waste.

I had already ordered a dusk-til-dawn light for the front of the house which I was excited about, so I’m going to focus on that instead.
If you want an alarm installed PM me

Cool no bother. Word of advice, Do not take out any maintenance and/or monitoring contract(s)
Damn straight
I told him just to do a bell.I don't need any of that phone notification stuff.

I'm a big believer in keeping the place looking occupied and cared for - and secure obv - a s away of deterring chancers.
So that on top of a bell, I think should be sufficient.

Genuinely feeling terrible. Sinus headache resonating in my ear. I'm not sure, it could be a migraine coming on, either, but was in bed with it yesterday since it was making me feel dizzy. Sick of it tbh, have been in and out of the ENT for a year and a half now, and no further on to figuring out my chronic sinus pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

• MacDara
  • S
  • chris d
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back