Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

Just about to put this morning's catch in the bin when It woke up and started squeaking. I nearly had a heart attack. I let it go in the grass. The mouse, not my bladder. Those plastic pre baited traps are hit and miss when it comes to killing them.

Just about to put this morning's catch in the bin when It woke up and started squeaking. I nearly had a heart attack. I let it go in the grass. The mouse, not my bladder. Those plastic pre baited traps are hit and miss when it comes to killing them.
Again, just sharing my experience
I think you have to go a good deal further than your garden, or they will work their way back in pretty quickly
Or pop the live animal and trap in a plastic bag and stomp on it, if killing is what you want.

What I also did was pull out my fridge and cooker and clean the bejaysis out of those spaces where food falls in behind and grease can build up.
Got pretty rigid about keeping counters and so forth clean, to try in some way to eliminate their food source.

I am also very intrigued by this method of leaving heaps of desiccated potatoes out and letting the rodents gorge til it blows their stomachs after it expands – I have not tested this system though
Instant Potatoes As Non-Toxic Rat Bait

Happy hunting, Johnny

Again, just sharing my experience
I think you have to go a good deal further than your garden, or they will work their way back in pretty quickly
Or pop the live animal and trap in a plastic bag and stomp on it, if killing is what you want.

What I also did was pull out my fridge and cooker and clean the bejaysis out of those spaces where food falls in behind and grease can build up.
Got pretty rigid about keeping counters and so forth clean, to try in some way to eliminate their food source.

I am also very intrigued by this method of leaving heaps of desiccated potatoes out and letting the rodents gorge til it blows their stomachs after it expands – I have not tested this system though
Instant Potatoes As Non-Toxic Rat Bait

Happy hunting, Johnny
Jaysis. Exploding mouse tummies!

I put more traps down on Saturday, and none have been sprung so they might be gone...for now.

I like to think the one I released spread the word to the others to get the hell of of my shed.

I think they recommend travelling at least one mile before releasing the mice back into the wild. They can cover a lot of distance!
I take mine to a church across the river in Cambridge

I just like the idea of a church mouse as a second career for these little guys

Just went to go and get a cheeky coffee and cake from the Thunders Bakery near the site I’m currently working on and got told ‘sorry, no coffee today’.

Do they not realise they can boil the water first?! I’ll have to let them know 😬

The Richard Dawson album is 30.99 in Freebird. Aren't Freebird usually as cheap or cheaper than the other shops? Think it's heavy pink vinyl or some shit but still

Going through a long period of feeling very meh. Everything is meh. Such a privileged complaint, I know but nonetheless, meh. Lost joy in work, music, even where I live. Feeling very isolated but normally I get joy from being independent but not now. I need to snap out of it.

Oh and a root canal today.

Going through a long period of feeling very meh. Everything is meh. Such a privileged complaint, I know but nonetheless, meh. Lost joy in work, music, even where I live. Feeling very isolated but normally I get joy from being independent but not now. I need to snap out of it.

Yeah. I've had a lot of that this year. What I've learnt, don't hit the booze and/or drugs. Don't eat loads of bad food. And don't do anything irrational. It will pass.

Last edited:

I know them feels.

What about trying an evening class? I started a creative writing class recently and I'm making my first short film next month and stuff like that helps. Work and Brexit still depress the fuck out of me though

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cormcolash
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back