Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

People sitting on couches made of composite petrochemical based plastics formed to represent wood using handheld supercomputers powered by batteries made of metals extracted from rocks using electricity and chemistry which use also chemistry to align nanoscopic materials to build processors that can sense your fingertips, how hard and fast they are pushing and work along with them to transmit via satellites floating at 1000's of kmh above the planet or cables filled with either light or electrons information in a multitude of formats being captured by a range of sensors which have all been shrank to the point that we don't even really know or care that they are there or exist sitting on the world wide web saying science is fake news.

It is indefensibly stupid.

Jimmy Wales talking nonsense about private schools ("I went to private school therefore private schools are good")

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

also his inability to make a twitter thread

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

my ability to speak Irish never improved after primary school.
here Detective Moran uses a whole host of words and phrases that
are completely unknown to me.
so he's pretty much fluent compared to a lot of folks.

I mean all vegans should be butchered obviously.*

*this is a joke.

I mean for any of the reasons I've know people to go vegan the most pragmatic way to pick up vegetables is from the closest available source, without the packaging and junk that people are trying to avoid. I've heard rumours that some supermarkets also stock meat as well as vegan food but it is very difficult to have any assurance that it isn't battery farmed or from the dustbowls of the uk so spending money in these places is only going to prolong that business model. I've never in my life seen a vegan go into tesco and go HOLY FUCK THERE IS MEAT HERE but I haven't lived in many big cities. Yes, there will be meat, but you'll have a much better chance of supporting an economy that is degree or two less unethical that what the chainstores are offering and you'll be able to buy carrots half the size of your head that are more than one shape.

College online video meetings in the evening.Although this turned into a minor pleasure.An american I was chatting to gave a really positive over the top response when Id mentioned having a meeting this evening.it's only now I've realised she thinks im in AA

Lads I've had vertigo for 24 hours now (ear infection, flying, blah blah blah). On a permanenet ferris wheel. Eyes spinning in head. Trying to do my expenses for work.

Lads I've had vertigo for 24 hours now (ear infection, flying, blah blah blah). On a permanenet ferris wheel. Eyes spinning in head. Trying to do my expenses for work.
Awful! I had this and it's seriously dangerous, you shouldn't be in work or looking at a screen. Get to doctor for tablets asap and into bed C.

Awful! I had this and it's seriously dangerous, you shouldn't be in work or looking at a screen. Get to doctor for tablets asap and into bed C.

I get it a LOT because of inner ear issues, so its kind of a known issue for me. The ENT gave me some medication for it, so I'm OK just PERMADIZZY 😵😵😵

Ugh you poor dote! Mind yourself because it can really be dangerous crossing roads etc!

This is it :( Woud love to be in bed, but haven't got the time today. Luckily, my workload is low for one day only, and I can kind of stare out the window.

Seeing someone else be unfairly bullied and targeted by management for being a sensitive person and HEAVILY RELATING but being able to do nothing about it :(

Seeing someone else be unfairly bullied and targeted by management for being a sensitive person and HEAVILY RELATING but being able to do nothing about it :(
UGH I hate this. Its such dog eat dog in the work place.

One thing you could do, though I get trust in there is BAD so maybe not, but you could grab them for a quick minute and just be like here are you OK? Etc, just offer some support?

UGH I hate this. Its such dog eat dog in the work place.

One thing you could do, though I get trust in there is BAD so maybe not, but you could grab them for a quick minute and just be like here are you OK? Etc, just offer some support?

Unfortunately they're in a different office, but I am talking to them on chat and hopefully offering some nuggets of wisdom, having been in the same spot myself. Add this to the "working with americans" thread

The attacks on Greta Thunberg by people who should know better.

I mean, jesus, if it's just a sideshow, which yeah it mostly is in fairness, then change the fucking channel and log off twitter. Shes just a kid, and yes she's a wealthy one with connections in the first place, and she's going to get used up by the scumbag media and political systems - FINE - but her basic, BASIC point is sound and that's all that matters.

I'm perfectly fine with laughing at the whole ludicrousness of it all, or if someone actually wants to think seriously about why we all love a Joan of Arc figure, but the conspiracy theorists and snarky pricks... lord give me strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

• MacDara
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back