Minor complaints thread (5 Viewers)

I'm in a takeaway quandry too. My local Indian takeout who does the BEST bombay aloo has started taking 1.5 hours+ to deliver, and forgetting stuff. And I just want them to do better because the bombay aloo is so good.

I'm in a takeaway quandry too. My local Indian takeout who does the BEST bombay aloo has started taking 1.5 hours+ to deliver, and forgetting stuff. And I just want them to do better because the bombay aloo is so good.
Which takeaway? :D

I booked a hotel for the Richard Hawley gig in Dublin . But I forgot to get the fucking tickets. And now it's sold out.

Check with the venue in case there are returns. If that fails, make a sign saying "ticket needed, face value please" and stand outside the venue, patrol the nearest pubs, has worked for me loads of times.

giphy.gif

FINALLLY

giphy.gif

Losing my house keys again.

I often misplace stuff but rarely actually lose shit. But This will be my third set list in 6 months.
Actually embarrassed to have to go back to the key cutting place.
I’m putting it down to work stress.
Fucking head like a sieve lately.
Also if this set won’t turn up, my bike is now locked, permanently.

Two minor complaints:
- Naomi Klein still rocking the same shit 90s haircut since the 90s
- the fact that the world is burning and instead I'm bothered by Naomi Klein's haircut.

Losing my house keys again.

I often misplace stuff but rarely actually lose shit. But This will be my third set list in 6 months.
Actually embarrassed to have to go back to the key cutting place.
I’m putting it down to work stress.
Fucking head like a sieve lately.
Also if this set won’t turn up, my bike is now locked, permanently.

Found my stupid house keys in a hoodie I brought on holidays

Edit: minor pleasure

went out to the local notions bakery to buy some bread the other morning and the middle-aged English guy behind the counter excitedly said "is that an Irish accent I hear?" when I was paying. This is tolerable - happy to tell him exactly where I am from if he asks because that happens anytime someone cops you are Irish but he then proceeds to ask me how I am as Gaeilge! I was so surprised and horrified that I kind of recoiled and babbled "grand yeah...er I don't really speak Irish" and wandered off in a bit of a daze as he said goodbye in Irish too. Fuck sake. Dreading my next trip in there. I just wanted some bread with minimum human interaction.

went out to the local notions bakery to buy some bread the other morning and the middle-aged English guy behind the counter excitedly said "is that an Irish accent I hear?" when I was paying. This is tolerable - happy to tell him exactly where I am from if he asks because that happens anytime someone cops you are Irish but he then proceeds to ask me how I am as Gaeilge! I was so surprised and horrified that I kind of recoiled and babbled "grand yeah...er I don't really speak Irish" and wandered off in a bit of a daze as he said goodbye in Irish too. Fuck sake. Dreading my next trip in there. I just wanted some bread with minimum human interaction.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back