Minor complaints thread (20 Viewers)

Those electric scooters I've been seeing a lot of the past few days. I'm not entirely sure a lot of people should be on them. I'm pretty sure there's a real lack of awareness of the road,or pedestrians by the people riding them. Seems they are just wizzing by with not a care in the world in total oblivian to surroundings.

(minor complaint as I've only really noticed them the past few days and it's only an initial impression)

Those electric scooters I've been seeing a lot of the past few days. I'm not entirely sure a lot of people should be on them. I'm pretty sure there's a real lack of awareness of the road,or pedestrians by the people riding them. Seems they are just wizzing by with not a care in the world in total oblivian to surroundings.

(minor complaint as I've only really noticed them the past few days and it's only an initial impression)

yeah i'm also skeptical. On a bike you have to practice to maintain any kind of speed so there is a learning curve. with those things its ebay->25kmh immediately and then landfill about 2 years later.

HOWEVER.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how road markings exist because people are absolute fucking morons and a giant picture of every action has to be painted on the road or on a sign to stop us maiming each other.

Maybe if there were big pictures on the road for scooters people would be less of morons?

amen, they are lethal. Some of the cycling lobby have been singing their praises and are starting to row in behind them to get legalised. Have had more than a few rows with them over it. They are LETHAL, and mostly ridden by pricks (not the good kind).

Have yet to come across a single incident and there are millions of the whizzing by on my walk in. Of course there will always be a bit of a learning curve with anything. New cyclists/drivers are every bit as lethal, if not more. I should point out that I don't own one, would be far too embarrassed.

Have yet to come across a single incident and there are millions of the whizzing by on my walk in.

True,but then I don't remember the last time I saw an incident involving a bike either.

Like I said,it's an initial impression for me.

I wonder how many people are using them instead of a car/bus etc vs instead of walking?

True,but then I don't remember the last time I saw an incident involving a bike either.

Like I said,it's an initial impression for me.

I wonder how many people are using them instead of a car/bus etc vs instead of walking?
I see an incident with a bike I'd say about once a week. Usually a near miss with a bus or a collision with a pedestrian or just someone falling off when they've had to adjust to something going on ahead.

In my limited anecdotal experience my cousin has stopped driving to the IFSC and is using one.

Thats horrendous RIP. And not forgetting the traumatised lorry driver

People need to be careful around lorries no messing

There was an awful incident a few years ago in my village where someone was killed in an incident with a lorry. It absolutely wasn't the lorry drivers fault but a couple of years later he took his own life.

Just realized that they made me drink Heineken instead of hipster hop beard stroking organic craft ale at that gig lastnight and thats why i feel like I'm going to die of chemicals today.

At the stage of hungover where i was about to post natalie dormer in the horn thread (i have done this before) but I got too worried that it would lead to a conversation so I backed out.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back