Minor complaints thread (32 Viewers)

I have a shitty day coming up, so I decided to make some falafel from scratch last night, and some homemade hummus. When I tell you I went to TOWN on this lunchbox. Turkish pickles, some of the FANCY tomatoes, some flatbread... like I was so excited. It was the only thing getting me through today. And its sitting at home in my fridge. I just want to scream and pull my hair out and stop existing.

But also yolo.

They probably got bored of working part time jobs to pay for people believing they were famous but didn't want to sully the legacy of all those great singles because the music press in Ireland likes to work on a kind of fan fiction basis.
Though I don't know them, that's just an educated guess.

They probably got bored of working part time jobs to pay for people believing they were famous but didn't want to sully the legacy of all those great singles because the music press in Ireland likes to work on a kind of fan fiction basis.

Was meant to quote Marlene there.

While i'm sure that's true, I think you can see how in 2012/2013 they were on the Damien Rice/Glen Hansard road of vaguely folky "soulful" Irish stuff that a section of America lap up - they even got as far as the US chat show circuit, but once Take Me to Church blew up in late 2013 they were dropped for the ultimate forest man fantasy character that Americans think Hozier is. It's nothing to do with musical quality but with everyone having very broad tastes these days there's only room for one.

That's my theory anyway.

While i'm sure that's true, I think you can see how in 2012/2013 they were on the Damien Rice/Glen Hansard road of vaguely folky "soulful" Irish stuff that a section of America lap up - they even got as far as the US chat show circuit, but once Take Me to Church blew up in late 2013 they were dropped for the ultimate forest man fantasy character that Americans think Hozier is. It's nothing to do with musical quality but with everyone having very broad tastes these days there's only room for one.

That's my theory anyway.

But he's so dreamy. You'll find my Wicklow, baby image in some other thread from today. That's a fair theory. I think I've heard some of his new record and it's indecipherable from the old stuff so I'd say the fans are thrilled. If he can de-ed Sheeran the perception of Ireland for a while I'm all for it. So dreamy.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back