Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

yeah, or maybe there aren't many good bands left

or maybe I just an old cantakerous prick

Remember that ForeverPresents promoter lad. He put the best shows on. And back when Foggy Notions still did shows. No one picked up the slack when they stepped out. It's all mind-numbing MCD bollox now.
Was looking through some old photos... Remember when Uffie played :D

Dear God, Uffie.

For people who were too cool for Duffy.

Do the Uffie's and Soko's muse/artistes of this world still exist in 2019 or have they been disrupted by the instagram model economy?

I follow Soko on Instagram for reasons unknown to me, she seems like she's still very cool and popular (she just had a baby, which is very in), but I don't know if she still makes music or what. I think she kinda falls into that cool girl influencer instagram thing...

I've been wondering what it's like to be in school with someone like that. What does everyone make of it/her?

Not sure. My son is not impressed anyway. "It's just a clothes thing". I get the impression that figures like 100k don't mean much to these kids when they are following memes with millions of followers.

But you're right, I'd wonder what the mood is like between the other girls, or even the staff. But it doesn't seem to be a big deal.
Tryna remember school, we had no one famous in our year but our main concerns would probably be a) do they get any time out of class for it and b) we are not otherwise interested unless there's some decent gossip to be had.

Tryna remember school, we had no one famous in our year but our main concerns would probably be a) do they get any time out of class for it and b) we are not otherwise interested unless there's some decent gossip to be had.

Ronnie Wood's kids were in primary school with me; a daughter a year older than me and a son about 5 years younger. Thinking back it did cause a bit of jealousy when he took them out of school to go on tour in Japan.

It was a bit weird seeing him in his rock star outfit picking the kids up with all the other 80's Irish mums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back