Minor complaints thread (38 Viewers)

I like looking at cute animal videos as much as the next person but when sites like The Dodo refer to pet owners as their moms and dads it makes me want to throw up for some reason.
I totally agree. I had only ever heard women refer to themselves as their pets moms, didn’t realise pet “dads” are also a thing.

I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t love them, it’s just a bit weird calling yourself daddy in reference to them. In my opinion anyway for whatever that counts for.

When I got my dog I'd jokingly say that I felt a bit new-parenty about him. But I'd never have said that I'm his dad.

As an aside, as an adopted person I don't like the use of the term "adopt" for "getting a new pet."

I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t love them, it’s just a bit weird calling yourself daddy in reference to them. In my opinion anyway for whatever that counts for.
Although I love my dogs, and occasionally don't hate the cats, if I ever seriously call them furbabies you are allowed to kick me up the arse

I think it’s more the creepy click bait websites calling the pet owners mom and dad that creeps me out. The owners doing it themselves doesn’t particularly bother me.

People doing their make-up in public. Like in the seat next to you on the bus or - andI am enduring this right now - at the table opposite you in a restaurant. Full on job going on there for the last 10 minutes, about 3 different bags of make up spread out, powder brushes, hair brushes, eye liner, creams, mirrors held out every which way to catch the light etc. Just go to the bathroom ffs

When drivers on a bigger road than yours stop to let you pull out. I just want to ignore them, but then they start waving at you while raging traffic builds up behind them. Those drivers then think I am the one breaking the fucking rules of the road!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Kermit McDermott
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back