Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

feeling obliged to put money into a birthday collection for a colleague who you barely speak to's birthday. this guy is head of production and probably earns around five times as much as me. i've just paid my rent and have fuck all to live on for the month.

feeling obliged to put money into a birthday collection for a colleague who you barely speak to's birthday. this guy is head of production and probably earns around five times as much as me. i've just paid my rent and have fuck all to live on for the month.

I hated that shit in work.

Money for fucking birthdays though??

Take a stand on that if you can, young Bernie. I mean fuck that.

I hated that shit in work.

Money for fucking birthdays though??

Take a stand on that if you can, young Bernie. I mean fuck that.

For birthdays, I'd definitely draw the line. I can't even get my head around people hiring function rooms out for 18ths/21sts.

In 2007/2008 (pre-economy crash bang boom), my old workplace had a staff member leave (to greener pastures) about every 2 weeks. It's pretty easy dodging these things especially when it's one of those "here's an internal post envelope, pass it on jobbies", throw in fuck all for the people you hate.

They got the message in my last place that I was just not on board for any of that crap.

I am here to do work, not make friends.

The envelopes stopped arriving after a while and I stopped being invited to company yokes. It felt great.

how awful

From this
20071229195237Maggie_OConnell.jpg

to this

062010_fns_player1_FNC_062010_08-35.jpg

There really is a Republican nut job 'look'

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/08/29/your-childhood-crush-crushed/

They got the message in my last place that I was just not on board for any of that crap.

I am here to do work, not make friends.

The envelopes stopped arriving after a while and I stopped being invited to company yokes. It felt great.

You can take that too far.

You're bound to meet sound people in work at some stage.

Deliberately not making friends and taking a detached hipster too-cool-for-school stance BLOWS.

You can take that too far.

You're bound to meet sound people in work at some stage.

Deliberately not making friends and taking a detached hipster too-cool-for-school stance BLOWS.

I had no one in there that I had anything in common with. Everyone was about marriage, babies and golf.

Earnest conversations about their fucking commutes or whichever English soccer team they loved.

You mention you went to a movie or a gig and the general reaction was "Oh, I miss doing that stuff, isn't it well for you?" like your fucking Ma would say.

They were nice people, I'm sure. Just boring mortgage drones that you could only really have fake conversations with.

I had no one in there that I had anything in common with. Everyone was about marriage, babies and golf.

Earnest conversations about their fucking commutes or whichever English soccer team they loved.

You mention you went to a movie or a gig and the general reaction was "Oh, I miss doing that stuff, isn't it well for you?" like your fucking Ma would say.

They were nice people, I'm sure. Just boring mortgage drones that you could only really have fake conversations with.

Sounds like places I've worked.

But scratch the surface and you might be surprised.

It helps if you move around - change locations / jobs.

I imagine that working with such people for years on end would be trying.

I just don't get the idea of needing to be friends with people I work with.

What's wrong with just being courteous and doing your job?

Why does everyone have to be pals?

I drink with my friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back