Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

Why, have they shite scones there? I got this one from the new bakery in kilmainham (which I like other than the scone)

That's a great bakery - great scones! Little pot of jam an' all.

@scutter - Ha! I actually really like the Tower cafe and still go there a bit. Thing is, a coffee and scone is €5.75 in there. In Kilkenny Design, you can get a great scone and a slightly bigger cup of coffee for €3.90. No magazines or soundtrack though and surrounded by old ladies instead of young hipsters. I'm weighing these things up a lot lately.

You don't mean the one next to Insomnia surely? My scone was rock hard, all crumbly (bad crumbly) and had about half a centimeter of hard crust on the the bottom. I didn't get any jam either.

Yeah, I was there about two weeks ago (the day of Open House Dublin). Bought a freshly made scone and a tiny pot of jam. Brought it next door into Insomnia where I enjoyed it thoroughly with a coffee. Maybe I got lucky or you just got unlucky.

I'm talking about The Natural Bakery.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Natural-Bakery/204043383100296?sk=photos_stream

1385961_214178428753458_1557592872_n.jpg

This photo doesn't do them justice

549048_204049863099648_1439916100_n.jpg

Isn't that a public lecture series as opposed to an actual undergrad course? Heard someone interviewed about it on Radio 1, they have a different person talking about each Beatles album each week.

Ah yeah but it strikes me as ridiculous that it's organized by the English department. Plus, any chance to get in a dig at Trinity is worth taking.

Isn't that a public lecture series as opposed to an actual undergrad course? Heard someone interviewed about it on Radio 1, they have a different person talking about each Beatles album each week.

My brother-in-law went to one. Was not impressed.

I went to the one on With The Beatles
it was AWFUL

i almost heckled the lecturer
I stood up during question time and took issue with some of his slides and statements1:40 PM
he LOVED me
he was Amercian, and started and finished with Bob Dylan songs ffs
that I couldnt understand
then he showed a slide of The Beatles influences
which had the fucking DOORS on it!!!

he stated that they fell out with EMI over the cover of the LP to use a B/W pic instead of a colour one
i corrected him and said it was so they would not be smiling on it

it was really terrible
if id bought a ticket id have been pissed

I had planned to take a trip to the UK to see a band now I find they're only the support act for a band I really dislike

So, do I still go and hope the band I like doesn't get a measly 20 minutes to play and shit sound? It's a long way and will cost a lot. But I need a break and would spend a couple of days in the UK anyway so...

What to do?

I had planned to take a trip to the UK to see a band now I find they're only the support act for a band I really dislike

So, do I still go and hope the band I like doesn't get a measly 20 minutes to play and shit sound? It's a long way and will cost a lot. But I need a break and would spend a couple of days in the UK anyway so...

What to do?

Go.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G
  • T
  • Deadmanposting
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back