Minor complaints thread (31 Viewers)

Hilda admits to snorting cannabis when she was younger. Very disappointed in her.

"Minister of State at the Department of Enterprise Neale Richmond said he too smoked cannabis when he was younger, but he did this in the Netherlands."

it's fine to do illegal things once you're abroad.

Young people - in general I suppose. In this instance I'm unhappy about young people, mostly lads, wearing sports shorts in all seasons and in the most inappropriate places e.g. sitting next to me on the train. I like shorts but they're doing it all wrong, it's indecent.

I can't find decent below the knee shorts. Recommendations welcome. No other shorts will do because apparently my legs are "so white that they're blue", or "translucent".
If I'm hot and sweaty I'll roll up my trouser legs.

At work some places insist on wearing longs, out of some waffly H&S nonsense. Personally I do respect other peoples need to wear shorts. They tend to be heavier people and/or have psoriasis or some other skin condition. It is something that grinds my gears actually, that particular H&S unjustifiable BS.

I can't find decent below the knee shorts. Recommendations welcome. No other shorts will do because apparently my legs are "so white that they're blue", or "translucent".
If I'm hot and sweaty I'll roll up my trouser legs.

At work some places insist on wearing longs, out of some waffly H&S nonsense. Personally I do respect other peoples need to wear shorts. They tend to be heavier people and/or have psoriasis or some other skin condition. It is something that grinds my gears actually, that particular H&S unjustifiable BS.

The ones I have are from mountain whorehose and decathalon - the decathalon are full length but have one of those kinda tightenting mechanisms for having them just below the knee

I refuse to wear shorts.
I think its childhood trauma after being forced to wear them as a kid during the summers.
Once I went past 3rd class it was a very serious social error for a boy to wear shorts. Because of that I find it kinda liberating to wear them now

I don't understand people who wear them when it's freezing though. Was over the states with work last week, wearing 2 coats and shivering my ass off in some dump of a burrito place, and there's some lad in the queue behind me in shorts. Like why? Is he trying to show off how tough he is?

Once I went past 3rd class it was a very serious social error for a boy to wear shorts. Because of that I find it kinda liberating to wear them now

I don't understand people who wear them when it's freezing though. Was over the states with work last week, wearing 2 coats and shivering my ass off in some dump of a burrito place, and there's some lad in the queue behind me in shorts. Like why? Is he trying to show off how tough he is?
If you're sitting in some class of baking hot server room or other hellhole you might wear shorts and hang around outside when it's freezing just to cool off. I've seen lads doing this, bailing out of the place for 20 minutes to get a drink and stand out in shorts and tshirt in the middle of winter.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of shorts. It it's really hot out I'd be wearing really really light trousers to keep the sun off me, which seems like a better compromise for heat dissipation somehow.

Well as I said before, if these are big stocky American lads, then cooling off is quite important for ones general health. The alternative would be a whole lot of BO, probably working in close confines with other people in a hot place, and that's no good for anybody. It's not a problem I personally have to deal with as a scrawny welp, but it's best for all if they have a bit of ventilation, so to speak.

Yeah, they do it also because they want to look tough or whatever, but you can skewer that toxic masculinity by knowing they're really wearing shorts because otherwise they'd spend their evenings unable to walk, rubbing E45 on their rashed thighs

In a different but related sartorial minor complaint. Many months ago, I received two pairs of runners, fancy ones, from someone. Didn't wear them much because they weren't me. But then I did start wearing them, and several commented, and two people have taken me aside and said "seanc, YOU shouldn't wear white Lonsdale trainers. Dress like you. You'll never get a ride wearing those things, it's just not you".

Apparently I should wear apparel that is more "me", rather than stuff I just got for free.

I didn't realise people gave a shite. I also didn't realise they have nothing better to be thinking about.

Shorts are class. Just above the knee is perfect, you're not in a mid 2000s Galway crusty hardcore band or French.

image.jpg

In a different but related sartorial minor complaint. Many months ago, I received two pairs of runners, fancy ones, from someone. Didn't wear them much because they weren't me. But then I did start wearing them, and several commented, and two people have taken me aside and said "seanc, YOU shouldn't wear white Lonsdale trainers. Dress like you. You'll never get a ride wearing those things, it's just not you".

Apparently I should wear apparel that is more "me", rather than stuff I just got for free.

I didn't realise people gave a shite. I also didn't realise they have nothing better to be thinking about.

id be taking the angry Irishman response to them for that if it were me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back