Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

feeble folly of man, trying to control the motions of the starts with our silly little machines.

That is i thing doing what the sun is telling us to will work out best.
I'm afraid capital has gotta ism. Those atoms aren't gonna smash themselves.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I lost my phone. This was originally going to go in the Major C's thread, and re-reading some of my posts there from a while ago was difficult to say the least.

But fuckit, don't care anymore, I'm happy out I think.

Anyway, somehow, despite being not overly tired nor drunk nor stressed. SOMEHOW, I lost my phone tonight. Htf did I manage that? I'm more annoyed that I spent two hours retracing my steps.

Nokia G20. The only time I ever bought a phone worse than the one I had before. Utter piece of shite. Yes I will lose a days work and have to spend some cash I'd rather not spend, but it's not that big a deal. I'll get a better phone, I'll get a new insurance policy as I let the last one lapse.

Sometimes these things just happen I guess. New beginnings and all that.
Christ trying to buy a new phone is hard. Can I just have that phone please, and I will give you lots of cash right now. And I will get insurance, so you can milk me forever.

Oh well, wouldn't you like a contract? It's cheaper.
No it isn't.
Don't you want to save money????

I'll say again, I want to give you money right now, and also get insurance. Just fuuuuuuckING DO WHAT I FUCKING ASK!!!!!

Christ trying to buy a new phone is hard. Can I just have that phone please, and I will give you lots of cash right now. And I will get insurance, so you can milk me forever.

Oh well, wouldn't you like a contract? It's cheaper.
No it isn't.
Don't you want to save money????

I'll say again, I want to give you money right now, and also get insurance. Just fuuuuuuckING DO WHAT I FUCKING ASK!!!!!
I have to do this dance every year at teh end of the opening rate on my subscriptions
I don't want to cancel. they don't want me to cancel. I just want to keep paying the new subscriber rate.

"I want to cancel" (secretly I don't)
"Can we convince you to stay?"
"No, cancel please"
"What about 50% off?"
"Really not worth it to me"
"What about keeping your original new subscriber offer that is 75% off?"
"Ok, great idea. Deal. thank you"

Just a 10 minute version of that
Every 6 months or year
Sometimes fun, sometimes exhausting

Guess what I'm posting from...

Someone got my phone, then left it with their concierge. Yes, their concierge. Nonetheless forty minute walk from my gaff, a ten minute walk from my route that night, but I now have my shit phone back. I was fully prepared to go back to the nearest O2 shop and give them whatever they asked to just have a phone.

Concierge was lovely. It really felt talking to him that he is utterly starved of human interaction, even though his job is supposed to be talking to people. Gave him a tenner. Gave the phone rescuer a shit card and money and a bunch of scratch cards. There was some kind of luckiness theme I was aiming at.

I lost my phone. This was originally going to go in the Major C's thread, and re-reading some of my posts there from a while ago was difficult to say the least.

But fuckit, don't care anymore, I'm happy out I think.

Anyway, somehow, despite being not overly tired nor drunk nor stressed. SOMEHOW, I lost my phone tonight. Htf did I manage that? I'm more annoyed that I spent two hours retracing my steps.

Nokia G20. The only time I ever bought a phone worse than the one I had before. Utter piece of shite. Yes I will lose a days work and have to spend some cash I'd rather not spend, but it's not that big a deal. I'll get a better phone, I'll get a new insurance policy as I let the last one lapse.

Sometimes these things just happen I guess. New beginnings and all that.
Get a Xiaomi redmi note pro

I'd be willing to give the daylight savings thing a miss for a year as a try out. Sunrise at, what, 9:45 would be kind of mental.
Daylight savings is the hour forward in March, not the hour back (that's just us returning to normal time). So during the summer it would be bright an hour earlier in the morning and dark an hour earlier in the evening if we scrap Daylight savings. Lots of people think it has something to do with the winter, but they're wrong. Right now, and during the summer, 12 midday isn't actual noon.

Daylight savings is the hour forward in March, not the hour back (that's just us returning to normal time). So during the summer it would be bright an hour earlier in the morning and dark an hour earlier in the evening if we scrap Daylight savings. Lots of people think it has something to do with the winter, but they're wrong. Right now, and during the summer, 12 midday isn't actual noon.
Yeah i knew i was getting something wrong but just wasn't bothered looking it up. I guess i consider both changes part of one overarching "daylight savings" system that is there solely to get people arguing with each other about terminology every six months, kinda like the various calendars.

It's not daylight savings that's being scrapped, it's "seasonal time changes". IIRC it was up to individual states to decide whether to stick with summer or winter time, and part of the reason it's stalled was because the brits left the EU and we don't want to have 2 timezones on the island

It's not daylight savings that's being scrapped, it's "seasonal time changes". IIRC it was up to individual states to decide whether to stick with summer or winter time, and part of the reason it's stalled was because the brits left the EU and we don't want to have 2 timezones on the island

yeah, some of the unionists are stuck in 1690 as it is.

Thank you so much for all the mansplaining dudes. I was responding to a post from a particular poster who said he would be happy to see Daylight Savings time scrapped because it would be interesting to see daybreak at 9:30 or something like that - which isn't how that would work. Not explaining the entire proposal by the EU, which I am fully familiar with. Anyone who needs to know how seasonal time changes impact zulu time drop me a pm.

Hyped for unionists refusing to recognise time.

The Monaghan farmers one generation older than my father never used to bother changing the clocks. As generally they'd just get up at the same point in the early morning.

It seemed to be really inefficient way of doing things because if they ever had to have an appointment somewhere it'd lead to questions about whether or not it was "old time" or "new time" that they were to be there.

The Monaghan farmers one generation older than my father never used to bother changing the clocks. As generally they'd just get up at the same point in the early morning.

It seemed to be really inefficient way of doing things because if they ever had to have an appointment somewhere it'd lead to questions about whether or not it was "old time" or "new time" that they were to be there.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you so much for all the mansplaining dudes. I was responding to a post from a particular poster who said he would be happy to see Daylight Savings time scrapped because it would be interesting to see daybreak at 9:30 or something like that - which isn't how that would work. Not explaining the entire proposal by the EU, which I am fully familiar with. Anyone who needs to know how seasonal time changes impact zulu time drop me a pm.
NOW I understand. Hmm, torn between how what you say makes sense and that I like how bonkers it gets around midsummer when its still bright at, like, 10:30 pm. But would it mean sunrise starts at about 3:45 am in summer?

NOW I understand. Hmm, torn between how what you say makes sense and that I like how bonkers it gets around midsummer when its still bright at, like, 10:30 pm. But would it mean sunrise starts at about 3:45 am in summer?
Yeah, something like that at midsummer. If we go the opposite direction and stick at +1 rather than GMT/Zulu time it would still be dark at some time after 9am. Most people I know find it difficult to wake up when it's dark outside, so that would mean lots of still half asleep people trying to make their way to work - sounds like a bad plan..
Zulu time never changes. No respecter of timezones and ignores "savings" time too - used a lot in aviation

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back