Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

I keep waking up early. well before 6 am today.
not a terrible complaint at all but 6 1/2 or 7 hours sleep would be nice.
what time do you go to bed at?

I try to be asleep by 11pm as I'll wake at around 6am, regardless. I can get by on that amount of sleep. Anything less and I'm hanging.

End of may is always the worst time of year for me for sleep. Not sure if its cos of pollen or how bright it is, but I can always pencil in 1 or 2 weeks of feeling fucked.

what time do you go to bed at?

I try to be asleep by 11pm as I'll wake at around 6am, regardless. I can get by on that amount of sleep. Anything less and I'm hanging.

End of may is always the worst time of year for me for sleep. Not sure if its cos of pollen or how bright it is, but I can always pencil in 1 or 2 weeks of feeling fucked.
I go to sleep about 11 to 12:15 recently. But that's only because I am tired by 10:30-11pm. I am often on thumped before I go to sleep from 11:30-2 am so it's purely an accident this has happened.
I usually only sleep no more than 6 and a half hours. I'd say I got less than 6 hours sleep last night.
Getting up early is cool this time of year anyway.

The more things I do the harder I find keeping to a schedule.

From about 1996 to 2000, I got up at 6:50 am almost everyday but had to go to bed by 9-9:30 to do this. So I was waking up about an hour earlier.
A one point I woke in the middle of the night and almost jumped out of bed - it was dark and I had slept so soundly I had hadn't seen darkness for 5 weeks and got a fright.

Also I had terrible quality sleep from about 2004 to 2017.
I found it very hard to go to sleep or if I woke up I'd be tired and it might take hours to go back to sleep if at all.

2014 and 2016 were the worst I was tired almost all the time and I had psychiatric medication I was on changed in 2017.
After that I could go to sleep really easily and 6 to 6 and a half hours good quality sleep does me now.
I don't seem capable of sleeping 8 hours.
One day I was on a bus after the medication change and fell asleep for a few seconds on a 7 mile journey. I thought something was wrong as this hadn't happened to me for well over 20 years but now I get the best sleep of my life and for the first time I go to sleep quickly.

Just after Evenepoel attacked in Liege the other day I feel asleep! (from about 25 km to 13 km to go) but then was wide awake again.
I also often fall asleep for 15-20 minutes about 8 pm even if I am watching soccer.
This is all still a novelty to me as it took so long to get to sleep before.

I keep waking up early. well before 6 am today.
not a terrible complaint at all but 6 1/2 or 7 hours sleep would be nice.

I'm sure I've talked about this before, but a friend* explained sleeping to me this way:

You sleep in cycles that are about 3 to 4.5 hours long. Everyone's cycle is different, but whatever your personal cycle is, stick to that. Preferentially, get two or three cycles into a nights sleep.

So I figured out that my cycle is three hours and fifteen minutes. So, no matter what time I have to get up, or whatever foolishness I've been up to the night before, I make sure I get six and a half hours sleep (2x3.25hrs). Worst case scenario, I'll aim for 3.25 hours sleep. Anything in between, I wake up feeling wrecked.

*This friend was told this by a court appointed psychiatrist, after he had been expelled from school and developed a nasty dependency on weed and booze to sleep each night, and lashings of red bull to wake up each day. It worked very well for him. I'm not sure of the science behind it, but it also mostly works for me.

Also I had terrible quality sleep from about 2004 to 2017.
I found it very hard to go to sleep or if I woke up I'd be tired and it might take hours to go back to sleep if at all.

2014 and 2016 were the worst I was tired almost all the time and I had psychiatric medication I was on changed in 2017.
After that I could go to sleep really easily and 6 to 6 and a half hours good quality sleep does me now.
I don't seem capable of sleeping 8 hours.
One day I was on a bus after the medication change and fell asleep for a few seconds on a 7 mile journey. I thought something was wrong as this hadn't happened to me for well over 20 years but now I get the best sleep of my life and for the first time I go to sleep quickly.

Just after Evenepoel attacked in Liege the other day I feel asleep! (from about 25 km to 13 km to go) but then was wide awake again.
I also often fall asleep for 15-20 minutes about 8 pm even if I am watching soccer.
This is all still a novelty to me as it took so long to get to sleep before.
I find the Tour of Spain the best bike race to send me off for an afternoon nap.

I'm sure I've talked about this before, but a friend* explained sleeping to me this way:

You sleep in cycles that are about 3 to 4.5 hours long. Everyone's cycle is different, but whatever your personal cycle is, stick to that. Preferentially, get two or three cycles into a nights sleep.

So I figured out that my cycle is three hours and fifteen minutes. So, no matter what time I have to get up, or whatever foolishness I've been up to the night before, I make sure I get six and a half hours sleep (2x3.25hrs). Worst case scenario, I'll aim for 3.25 hours sleep. Anything in between, I wake up feeling wrecked.

*This friend was told this by a court appointed psychiatrist, after he had been expelled from school and developed a nasty dependency on weed and booze to sleep each night, and lashings of red bull to wake up each day. It worked very well for him. I'm not sure of the science behind it, but it also mostly works for me.
Sleep is a fascinating subject of discussion and the science behind it is complex. I think a good general rule of thumb is to go along with whatever works best for you. The above sounds reasonable.

This is a great read on the subject btw

Amazon product ASIN 1501144316

Ah yes, I see now that I'm that dick on the internet who's going "oh yeah, I've got a solution to that problem you've had for years".

Sorry for being that guy.

I bought a nice pair of Sketchers footwear last Wednesday. Only put them on today. Instant size regret. Box and receipt are gone, I'm thinking this is going to be a nightmare to try and return.

Anybody wear 10s looking for a nice deal? Fucking things cost me €103!

I bought a nice pair of Sketchers footwear last Wednesday. Only put them on today. Instant size regret. Box and receipt are gone, I'm thinking this is going to be a nightmare to try and return.

Anybody wear 10s looking for a nice deal? Fucking things cost me €103!
Now that I think about it I am almost certain the box said 11s, yet the shoes are 10s. I think I was sent home with the wrong shoes.
If that angle doesn't work in the shop I might just give them to a charity shop and let someone get a great deal.

my shoe size is 10 but I always buy Asics runners in 9 1/2.
they fit me almost perfectly and I don't ever have to try them on when buying.
but Asics always run half a size big in UK sizes in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back