Minor complaints thread (13 Viewers)

Today I got a call to replace someone else for IPAF training (he was too feckless to get his online training done in time for his practical). The training centre was in the opposite direction of home. So traveled away from home for 90 minutes, did the thing, and then travelled back. At about 21:00 I again passed the place I spent all day working at. Two hours later I got home. No pay for the training, but I'm happy to have it. I actually tested passed and left before the other (new) guys had finished practicing on the machines. I felt like a bit of a prick about that. But the instructor insisted.

software or hardware issue?
Hardware. Boot drive acting fucky and cmos battery flat as far as I can ascertain currently.

I have it booted..had to do a reinstall but its making all sorts of weird noises and just general weirdness going on

I think it might just have been a dead cmos battery causing various gremlins.. although how it confused the uefi into thinking my boot drive was corrupt is a mystery, but computers can be fairly mysterious.

I popped a new battery in there and all seems to be right. Although now I have fresh install of windows to contend with but sure thats a small complaint indeed

Was supposed to go to Low tonight. First gig since covid shut things down.

Hurt my back on Sunday. Could notionally go if I strapped up my back, took a stick and endured the pain of driving/getting in/out of car and then hoped that no one made me make any sudden movements. So probably best that I don't.

Damn, I'd like to go to that and Shellac but we're having a tight month and with me not being able to see for driving and all that jazz. It's not going to happen.

Was supposed to go to Low tonight. First gig since covid shut things down.

Hurt my back on Sunday. Could notionally go if I strapped up my back, took a stick and endured the pain of driving/getting in/out of car and then hoped that no one made me make any sudden movements. So probably best that I don't.
Yeah, those Low moshpits mightn't be best place for a jiggered back

Yeah, those Low moshpits mightn't be best place for a jiggered back

I know someone who was involved in what I believe must be the only punch up in the crowd at a Low gig ever, in Scotland about 10 or 15 years ago. So I might bring the trouble by osmosis.

I wouldn't be confident of someone pushing past me on the way out ofthe venue afterwards not putting me in a heap TBH, getting old is shit.

Damn, I'd like to go to that and Shellac but we're having a tight month and with me not being able to see for driving and all that jazz. It's not going to happen.

I've offered my ticket to someone for free, I haven't heard back yet though. Do you want it if he doesn't? DM me with an e-mail address for ticket transfer if you do and it becomes available.

I've offered my ticket to someone for free, I haven't heard back yet though. Do you want it if he doesn't? DM me with an e-mail address for ticket transfer if you do and it becomes available.
Aw thanks man but I won't take you up on that.
I went to a gig on Saturday night and there was 8 people on the stage (spoiler, there was only 4)

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
  • dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back