Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

Painting my friends kitchen.. I show up and she's gone and bought ten times the amount of paint needed ..the expensive stuff too.
That's a complaint?

I recently got to use Little Green paint. £120 for a 4l can. Normally I'd avoid that stuff as it's far too expensive to waste on an idiot like me.

But damn, amazing stuff. I was blown away.

Theres definitely an interesting cost/benefit analysis thing about paying for a good painter using ordinary paint, or paying for a crap painter (me) using good paint.

That's a complaint?

I recently got to use Little Green paint. £120 for a 4l can. Normally I'd avoid that stuff as it's far too expensive to waste on an idiot like me.

But damn, amazing stuff. I was blown away.

Theres definitely an interesting cost/benefit analysis thing about paying for a good painter using ordinary paint, or paying for a crap painter (me) using good paint.
I was trying to save her money..as I do with all my customers, but especially for a friend.

Theres about €40 worth of paint needed for these kitchen presses ..she spent about 200!

I was trying to save her money..as I do with all my customers, but especially for a friend.

Theres about €40 worth of paint needed for these kitchen presses ..she spent about 200!
Yikes. the don't happen to want everything in thier house to match do they? :p

what sort of paint is it? emulsion/gloss?
Emulsion. Usually reserved for the kind of painters who call themselves scenic artists, and charge appropriately.

I have massive respect for painters really. The more I learn about it the less I understand.

am now curious as to what it does.
i remember farrow and ball was/is the in thing, but many other manufacturers have caught up with the available shades they sold, but a lot of people still buy F&B even though one of its selling points (usable on lime plaster walls IIRC) will make no difference to them.

You can get fleetwood to do up a lookylikey .. and sometimes its pretty close!

Its all colourtrend and farrow and ball in the gafs around here. NOTIONS

Little Green and F&B are very much the in thing.

Like I said, I dunno. What I can tell you is: it just works.

When i was painting years ago there were two houses side by side that had been painted in the same summer by the same contractor using cheap stuff on one, decent stuff on the other, of course at the request of the powers that be.

We used to pass them regular and by year two the cheap paint one was starting to look pretty grim, if the person wanted to get on par with next door they'd have us back doing the whole outside about every 2 years as opposed to maybe every 4. same as pennies shoes, possibly more expensive in the long term but you need to have the cash in the first place.

i painted houses for a summer while in college, and my pay didn't reflect the danger pay each time i was sent up to paint the chimney stack, which the two lads i was working for didn't want to do.

It could do with a redesign, imo. You can't click anything on the same page that's page that's playing music without losing the music - it should keep playing and let you browse around the site. This is the website I'm talking about, the app is fine.

You can get fleetwood to do up a lookylikey .. and sometimes its pretty close!

Its all colourtrend and farrow and ball in the gafs around here. NOTIONS
Whatever about what shades are available, F&B has way better coverage than the cheaper brands. Used Dulux for the first time in ages and it was like I was doing an impressionist landscape as opposed to a block of colour. Ended up buying a second tin to get the colour even, probably costing the same as buying the one tin of F&B that I should have gotten.

they don't do it anymore i think, but our local woodies (glasnevin) used to sell off tins of custom mixed stuff for next to nothing - a euro a litre. i got a 2.5l tin of good dulux trade oil based gloss for €2, a lovely sky blue colour, for €2. a vivid yellow 1l one for €1, and the coverage on them is great; a genuine 'one coat is enough'.

i think what happened was people had the stuff mixed, and changed their mind about buying it before they got to the till.

It could do with a redesign, imo. You can't click anything on the same page that's page that's playing music without losing the music - it should keep playing and let you browse around the site. This is the website I'm talking about, the app is fine.

If i could have my spotify playlists and the rest working on there I'd leave spotify overnight.
Like i get it, but also, kids don't dig that any more.

yep, this kind of stuff. it gets irritating.

and the thing is that if you look at any page on their blog, you can see that they have a swish new player and nice general layout more-or-less ready to go. so... why not roll out the new cuteness to the ordinary band pages? I’m guessing there’s probably all kinds of terrible technical-debt problems related to it all, but it’d be nice to get their layouts up to at least, say, 2016-ish quality. they don’t need to go mad with css animations or blockchain bullshit or any of that. just make it less broken.

ok, rant over

edit:

here’s a blog page, to give an idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back