Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

The album got universal good reviews but it did nothing for me, it's just algorithm pop. Fair play to the hottest, richest, meanest girl in school doing well for herself though.

The album got universal good reviews but it did nothing for me, it's just algorithm pop. Fair play to the hottest, richest, meanest girl in school doing well for herself though.
Fair play to you...I am making my judgement purely on the strength of the above and this..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I havent checked out anything else. Yet

She's grand, New Rules was a good tune, saved her career from the absolute doldrums. The album is fine; very, very polished and slick, good Super Valu Today FM music, i'd prefer it over the latest Adele or Ed Sheeran ballad but i'm too invested in pop music actually being more than background music to accept something so formulaic and written by committee.

If i'm gonna listen to a disco pop album from 2020 i'll put on the Roisin Murphy one, but sure that's the old-man-posting-on-thumped in me talking.

first world problem minor complaint:

now that I'm back in the office 2 days a week I'm allowing myself 1 shop bought coffee a day.

I treated myself to a 2nd overpriced one today, which I spilled at the sugar/milk area.

I do.. but theres not many people selling good pickups, cheap in the EU.

I'll be going straight to the chinese in future

not super cheap - but I bought an overwound alnico 3 tele bridge from this punter. it's absolutely deadly

for cheaper chinese stuff ya can't beat your man donlis on ali.

Fair play to you...I am making my judgement purely on the strength of the above and (tiny desk concert)
The Tiny Desk version of Pretty Please gives me the shivers. That palm-muted bass, and the strat. Such a fucking groove, and I love her voice

(I also love the bit where she talks, because she's all fake with this annoying accent which gives me some relief from having the hots for her)

i'd prefer it over the latest Adele or Ed Sheeran ballad but i'm too invested in pop music actually being more than background music to accept something so formulaic and written by committee.

If i'm gonna listen to a disco pop album from 2020 i'll put on the Roisin Murphy one
I find some of this shit funky as fuck, and not background music-y at all. I think your real problem with it is this

No there's a bit of a 1932 song called 'My Woman' in it.

There's a fair bit of chat about this being the inspiration for the imperial march in star wars in the comments too, along with a the million songs the riff has been in. I knew it was an older sample this is the first time I actually checked it up.

Buying a house and I swear every fucking thing that could go wrong or cause a delay has happened and I just want my damned shit shack in the country so I can abandon everyone I know and plant a carrot or some nonsense.

Buying a house and I swear every fucking thing that could go wrong or cause a delay has happened and I just want my damned shit shack in the country so I can abandon everyone I know and plant a carrot or some nonsense.

It takes for fucking ever I promise you. Like the act of buying, fucking endless.

The anxiety and stress induced around buying a house here is so extreme it's causing me to physically gag and look like I'm about to throw up. I was at the solicitor yesterday signing the closing documents and it started again, and the solicitor immediately said "oh yeah, don't worry I see this all the time".

Like, the lads on the pointy end of all this stuff know it's brutal and are used to seeing people in their office in floods of tears or gagging or whatever other weird stress symptoms that are related. It's normal. It's expected that you suffer.

And a lot of it's caused by people who should know just not telling you the truth, or not knowing the facts and guessing things.

As my mate said: getting a mortgage in Ireland is like someone looking up your arse with the help of a broken bottle. You just have to always leave the ball in their court, and wait the bastards out basically.

The anxiety and stress induced around buying a house here is so extreme it's causing me to physically gag and look like I'm about to throw up. I was at the solicitor yesterday signing the closing documents and it started again, and the solicitor immediately said "oh yeah, don't worry I see this all the time".

Like, the lads on the pointy end of all this stuff know it's brutal and are used to seeing people in their office in floods of tears or gagging or whatever other weird stress symptoms that are related. It's normal. It's expected that you suffer.

And a lot of it's caused by people who should know just not telling you the truth, or not knowing the facts and guessing things.

As my mate said: getting a mortgage in Ireland is like someone looking up your arse with the help of a broken bottle. You just have to always leave the ball in their court, and wait the bastards out basically.

nail on the fucking head.

I'm not surprised, that's why it's a minor complaint.

But finding myself with 20 tabs open to BA and Aer Lingus and Opodo and every other website, it's all a bunch of shit. Maybe Ryanair are just the most honest about how the're dickheads. What's the point of price comparison sites when I have to look at every single price comparison site? What a mess of an industry. And that's not a new thing either.

Anyway, BA in, Ryanair out. Expensive AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back