Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

i broke a glass, a pint glass, about an hour ago. well, it broke itself. i opened the press to get a glass to have some whisky and it fell out and landed on the whisky bottle; thankfully the whisky survived, but the glass fucking exploded. i've never seen anything like it, it was like it was full of rage. a few minutes after it happened you could still hear popping and cracking as the shards continued to come apart. i've been cleaning it up since.

i broke a glass, a pint glass, about an hour ago. well, it broke itself. i opened the press to get a glass to have some whisky and it fell out and landed on the whisky bottle; thankfully the whisky survived, but the glass fucking exploded. i've never seen anything like it, it was like it was full of rage. a few minutes after it happened you could still hear popping and cracking as the shards continued to come apart. i've been cleaning it up since.
Poltergeist, obviously

that happened, btw. he just disappeared one day and the neighbours used to joke that his father had probably killed him and buried him in the back garden, but he'd been sent to a boarding school, the one in roscrea.

Glass is an amazing substance. I've worked with huge mirrors and vitrines a lot and no matter what, sometimes it just goes pop. It's actually amazing it doesn't happen more often. We talked to the glass dudes asking "what's the secret? What do you do?"
"You do your best, and you then you just hope" was the reply.

As an aside, a schoolmate once got a pint in a nightclub and the glass exploded in his hand, injuring him badly. It had come straight out of the hot dishwasher and then had a cold drink poured in it. So obviously that's why it broke. He sued the nightclub. The fact that he was 16 years old at the time meant the nightclub gave a substantial out of court settlement.

you've seen the videos on youtube about prince rupert's drop?
i reckon that glass was made that way.

Well, honestly I had to google that, but I'm glad I did. Prince Rupert's drop - Wikipedia

It does explain a lot alright, although none of us would've had to wherewithall to, having shattered a glass thing and then look the client in the eye saying something like "it's not my fault. It's the bifurcation of the cracks entering the tension zone" or whatever. We usually just stand there, bleeding, saying "fuck, again".

I've seen a pint glass just explode while sitting on its own on a table at a pub, crazy. I'm sure there's some scam startup making "better glass" out there.

Tried to buy some Tool tickets this morn for the bro's birthday in June and the only option left was tickets costing €380 EACH, because they were 'platinum'

What the actual fuck?

Is there any point in trying to get tickets on ticketbastard.ie for big shows anymore? Why even bother FFS

Same problem here. I only thought of them around lunchtime so was expecting it to be sold out but being confronted with tickets for those prices was just insulting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back