Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

I'm not a smoker but some of the pictures on the cigarette packs are gross. It's like a Carcass album cover. Still doesn't put them off mind ya.
My girlfriend has taken to putting a literal sticking plaster over those images on her packets of fags

Yes. Is it different elsewhere?

You'll all be glad to know I have a new podger. It's shit. But my new gorilla bars seem kick-ass.

It is crazy alright. A gasún over here noted just how many ingredients there are in a Tesco meal deal sandwich. I had to explain to him that, because of Brexit, each one of those ingredients requires paperwork, as well as VAT and so on, if you were to make it in ROI and try to sell it in NI, or vice versa. He couldn't fathom it. The EU single market is older than he is, he doesn't know any different.

But for you dudes buying your fancy rare records and that, it really does seem shit and stupid.

I tried to buy a guitar from Britain last week and gave up and cancelled the order cos of the rigmarole

I've never had to pay VAT and an "An Post Fee", whatever that is on a record from the UK before.

Customs value (which I think means the cost of the record I bought) € 34.46

Import Duty: 0:00
Excise Duty: 0:00
VAT: € 7.92
An Post Fee: € 3.50

Total to be Paid: € 11.42

Its bollocks. They tried to charge me some "brexit" fee of £5 on the guitar amongst various other spurious charges

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back