Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

I had to send someone detailed instructions on how to complete a PDF form on their iPhone the other day. They didn't have a printer or a computer.

In fairness it's not as easy as it should be.

My expectations of the Grateful Dead and the reality are basically 180 degrees apart. On paper, they have cool artwork, a cool name, huge long songs, drugs, and a weird cultish fan base. On listening… a wet fart that smells of patchouli and disappointment.
I too was really disappointed that they didn't live up to my imagined expectations. However, once I got over that I really like a handful of their songs. The whole package of tie-died white hippies and drugged-out jams is not for me though. I'm also a little disappointed that contemporary bluegrass artist Billy Strings appears to have been co-opted by these people.

Primal Scream were another misleadingly named band

I was expecting something raw and vicious, not a stones rip off bar band

I get that accountants liked them because, like them, they also did drugs (at weekends and festivals) but ...meh

#bandsidontget

Quite like this Grateful Dead number:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could imagine waking up after a three day drunk in my underwear and there was no duvet to begin with and dancing around to this in a room of heads, and imagining a worse existence out there... eh, as long as it's a 1968 cinema verite arthouse movie and I'm a young Harrison Ford.

what about this:

Grand, but totally unnecessary given the breadth of The Byrds' output.

'if they move, kill 'em (my bloody valentine arkestra)' is one of the greatest pieces of music from the 90s. Admittedly Kevin shields deserves the majority of credit for that.

Quite like this Grateful Dead number:

I could imagine waking up after a three day drunk in my underwear and there was no duvet to begin with and dancing around to this in a room of heads, and imagining a worse existence out there... eh, as long as it's a 1968 cinema verite arthouse movie and I'm a young Harrison Ford.

what about this:

Grand, but totally unnecessary given the breadth of The Byrds' output.

That first one is more in line from what I expected from them, I’d listen to more of that. That second one is absolutely nightmarish.

I'm getting irrationally and pointlessly annoyed by Twitter's stupid and ridiculous topic suggestions. I deselected all of the twitter "interests" that they selected for me thinking it would put a stop to it but the fuckers added dozens more and selected them for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back