Minor complaints thread (5 Viewers)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
The heavy rain after the dry spell has caused one of the trees near the house to fall over. I think it might have been top-heavy and should have been pruned back ages ago.

I reckon it'll need a chainsaw to break it into manageable chunks.

But as I don't have a chainsaw, I will no doubt end up hand sawing it , and will probably keel over from a heart attack before its done.

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
The heavy rain after the dry spell has caused one of the trees near the house to fall over. I think it might have been top-heavy and should have been pruned back ages ago.

I reckon it'll need a chainsaw to break it into manageable chunks.

But as I don't have a chainsaw, I will no doubt end up hand sawing it , and will probably keel over from a heart attack before its done.
Get a man in.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Having cut up lots of trees, I'd highly recommend getting a chainsaw.
Little electric ones 16inch bar will do most
I have a chainsaw attachment, that I've never used, for the multi-tool strimmer/trimmer/chainsaw thing I bought a couple of years ago

But the cuntting thing is in the shop getting repaired. again.

riath

Supporter
Solutions
Would one of your neighbors do it for you, if you let them keep the logs?

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
I have a chainsaw attachment, that I've never used, for the multi-tool strimmer/trimmer/chainsaw thing I bought a couple of years ago

But the cuntting thing is in the shop getting repaired. again.

Multi things always break :p
Chainsaws eat huge amounts of oil fyi - if it doesn't have an oil reserve on the chainsaw attachment, just bring it to the metal recycling straight away, you'll be going there anyways.

seanc

Just paid the tax bill. I mean, it's a minor complaint because I knew the bill was coming and I had the money set aside.

Still, it's a fucking gut punch. Actually totally ruined my day thinking about it. Didn't really get anything else done today with all my procrastinating.

Look after your money folks, the stress really isn't worth it. Now I just have to wait and see whether I was scammed by a very good website designer!

seanc

depends on how big the tree is, a lopping saw might be just fine.

Get a chainsaw blade, tie some string on each end. Wrap it around the tree, grab each end of string. Then just Do The Twist. You can easily and silently chop up a tree.

Or just borrow a chainsaw. They're not that scary.

seanc

If Johnny is "weak and unfit", those little chainsaws do do all the work. It's correct to be cautious around chainsaws, but they're still pretty impressive compared to a handsaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• Brain Development Lullabies
    Menuetto from Gallimathias Musicum
    Music Box Orchestra
    Brain Development Lullabies

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads