Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

It's possible that my feelings are to do with the fact I've been living in barns with tin roofs or unused holiday houses with concrete floors, walls preventing the sun touching any part of the place at any time of the day, with no insulation at all.

The damp is amazing though. Like you can wash the dishes, and put them on the rack to dry, and they will not dry. The water does not go anywhere. It's on the dishes, and it's staying on the dishes.

So you break out the big guns and wipe them down with a tea towel. Now the water is on the dishes, AND on the t-towel, and it's now staying in both places. For ever. There is no moving the water, the water is here and it's staying here. There is no "drying".

It's May 21st. It's fucking freezing, and it's been fucking freezing since I got here.

I'd appreciate if it wasn't fucking freezing. The sun comes out, the sea is lovely, I don't mind the ol bit of wind, but how is it always fucking freezing?

Ireland was always fucking freezing and I just never noticed, wasn't it.
uh-oh, flashback's away back to america

Look, stop pissing around. You're here, and we are happy to have you here. Yes it's pissing it down all the time. But get some sausages and cook them for breakfast. A nice cup of tea, and fuck the rest. It's Saturday. I bet you have some great views around the gaff. You've gone on holiday by mistake, but it'll be Friday soon.

It is damp in Ireland, I think we all know that.

I think the appropriate response to flashback's complaints would be, as my grandmother used to say:

"arra shur"

Look, stop pissing around. You're here, and we are happy to have you here. Yes it's pissing it down all the time. But get some sausages and cook them for breakfast. A nice cup of tea, and fuck the rest. It's Saturday. I bet you have some great views around the gaff. You've gone on holiday by mistake, but it'll be Friday soon.
Yerrah! I'm just having the crack sure. It's a lovely place altogether, I'm thrilled to be back and I'll be off to look at the views in no time.

Let me see. What should I be wearing. I wonder what the weather's like out there. Oh yes. It's fucking freezing. To the surprise of FUCKING NO ONE AT ALL.

It's warm, dry and sunny today. Which means I'll finally be able to cut the grass, unblock drains, clean the gutters. Etc.

#prayforrain

I was expecting a more light-hearted flashback once he left America.
and what's more, the booze is very expensive altogether.

And the fucking roads. Lads.

And how do the slugs get inside anyway? Presumably they can't resist the lure of cold concrete floors. Keeping the irresistible nature of freezing concrete floors in mind, maybe they should have designed a more slug proof house?

Would yis just stop and think once in a while. Nobody wants to find slugs in their gaff. No one. Let's agree to try harder.

And how do the slugs get inside anyway? Presumably they can't resist the lure of cold concrete floors. Keeping the irresistible nature of freezing concrete floors in mind, maybe they should have designed a more slug proof house?
You're right! I lived in this kind of situation for a while and slugs did just wander in! Why? How? You're giving me flashbacks now.

You're right! I lived in this kind of situation for a while and slugs did just wander in! Why? How? You're giving me flashbacks now.

Maybe slug life isn't that interesting, and literally anything else at all is considered exciting in slug youth culture.

Now I feel like a bit of a middle aged dick for messing with younger generation slug adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back