Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

Also have to say, got the distinct impression from all the GPO workers I saw there that any questions about anything were going to be met with a "OH FUCK SAKE" kind of exhalation. They all looked dour and fucked off. Maybe it was the wrong time of day or something.

Also have to say, got the distinct impression from all the GPO workers I saw there that any questions about anything were going to be met with a "OH FUCK SAKE" kind of exhalation. They all looked dour and fucked off. Maybe it was the wrong time of day or something.
Maybe they have

Post traumatic stress disorder

Was in the post office today, the GPO to be exact. Queueing system there is a fucking mess, and of course the 2m distancing makes it a bit less clear, so I queued up, only to have a woman come along and stand a bit over to my right, making her own queue. I wasn't in a rush, so I went fuck it and joined in that instead, behind a guy that had already got in behind her. As that guy gets to the counter, a GPO guy directs some man with his kid to form a new queue for the same counter, standing in the spot I'd been standing in before.
Fuck it, guy has a kid and all, I'm not in a rush, so I just stand and wait. As this new guy gets up to the counter, they open another counter just off to the right of me, and the guy at that counter calls up the woman queueing behind me. He's then bewildered when I start to loudly proclaim "YEAH SURE YOU JUST GO AHEAD THERE THEN, IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE BEEN STANDING HERE 5 MINUTES OR ANYTHING"
this of thing of drives me mad.
once I was in a centra and wasn't sure where to stand so I was waiting there for 3 plus minutes where
I thought the queue would be. two staff they were checking a Lotto ticket for a woman and served no none else in that time.
then when I got called up to the counter someone else someone else walked up from the far side of the aisle which was were the queue was.
you could not see where the queue was from anywhere near the front of the shop where I was.
so the the staff member tried to blame me for skipping the queue when in fact they wasted my time.
I walked out without getting the orange juice I wanted.

in fairness it was the owners fault the queue was in a silly place and the staff were probably sick of having to deal with that.

the next time I went in there over a year later the queue was where it should have been - along by the wall where the checkouts are (visible when you walk in the door) rather than opposite the counter down the second aisle.

I often let people go ahead of me in queues and always get out peoples way as quickly as possible when
at the checkout.
so being blamed for the owners poor planning annoyed me to say the least.

I've a mate in post - he termed 2020 permanent trash christmas because all the online crap from china didnt have barcodes that worked and they had to hand sort mountains of stuff all year, then online rona christmas came, then brexit. They are a bit tired.

Yeah, to which I'd say "Aye lads, I don't think there's too many people having a good fuckin time right now"

But yeah the queue thing, sometimes I'd be a lot harsher about that shit and just barge in front of people if they try and skip me. I was in a supermarket once and some dickhead walked right past me and stood in front of me, so instead of saying anything, I waited until the exact moment the cashier was about to finish serving the customer ahead, then just barged right around him and stuck my shit down in front of him, hahaha, it was class, dickhead couldn't even say a word

Paid the tax bill today. 10 days late, I have to pay interest on that, but I don't get fined. They've decided to forego fining people considering all-the-things.

If you remember I moaned earlier that it was way more than I was expecting. After some chat with the accountant he was able to half the bill. I bottled it and said "No, that's too little, it'll raise suspicion", so we met halfway.

So I guess it's less than what my accountant initially thought I should pay (good), but more than I expected (bad). It was late because of the rigmarole with the accountant (bad), but I didn't have to pay the £100 fine (good). It was late because I had to tell my accountant how to do his thing (bad), and I had to pay him to do it (bad). So on the whole, bad.

I may have to go back to doing it myself in future.

Paid the tax bill today. 10 days late, I have to pay interest on that, but I don't get fined. They've decided to forego fining people considering all-the-things.

If you remember I moaned earlier that it was way more than I was expecting. After some chat with the accountant he was able to half the bill. I bottled it and said "No, that's too little, it'll raise suspicion", so we met halfway.

So I guess it's less than what my accountant initially thought I should pay (good), but more than I expected (bad). It was late because of the rigmarole with the accountant (bad), but I didn't have to pay the £100 fine (good). It was late because I had to tell my accountant how to do his thing (bad), and I had to pay him to do it (bad). So on the whole, bad.

I may have to go back to doing it myself in future.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been making Simpsons references since the mid to late 90s seasons. That period covers every single aspect of humanity.

Incessantly referencing a tv show from almost 30 years ago.

The kids these days just don't understand.

What the hell is my package doing in Germany now? It was in the right country last week!!!

1. Feb 8, 2021
  2. 2:18PM LT

DE
    ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY
  3. Feb 4, 2021
  4. 10:04AM LT

IE
    ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY
  5. Feb 2, 2021
  6. 10:04AM LT

- FRANCE
    DEPARTED FROM TRANSIT FACILITY
  7. Feb 1, 2021
  8. 10:04AM LT

PARIS - FRANCE
    CLEARED CUSTOMS
  9. Jan 30, 2021
  10. 9:56AM LT

PARIS - FRANCE
    IN CLEARANCE PROCESSING
  11. Jan 29, 2021
  12. 9:56AM LT

LOS ANGELES - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    LOADED FOR TRANSPORT
  13. Jan 23, 2021
  14. 11:39AM CT

Melrose Park, IL, US
    PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN
  15. Jan 20, 2021
  16. 6:35AM CT

Melrose Park, IL, US
    PROCESSED
  17. Jan 19, 2021
  18. 6:38PM CT

Melrose Park, IL, US
    PACKAGE RECEIVED AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  19. Jan 18, 2021
  20. 4:45PM EST

EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  21. 4:35PM EST

ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION RECEIVED: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND TRACKING WILL BE UPDATED SOON

Arrived this morning. DHL think that it's still in Germany.

Not a single Bord na mona peat 20210212_185720.jpg briquette to be found , and I'm in the Midlands which is basically made of turf. Instead there are these things, shipped from Germany and vacuum sealed in plastic.

"What's happening on Twitter" is always "Fans wish CELEBRITY a happy birthday" and there's no way of telling it to shut the fuck up

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back