Minor complaints thread (23 Viewers)

This complaint is maybe 50% about pronouncing Irish names (which is well-worn on these pages).

The other 50% is, I thought BBC had standards for these things. I've heard four different pronounciations of the word in the last hour. I don't always like their standards, but they should at least have some.

This reminds me of the time when, cutting out CD covers for a Stoat release with a Stanley knife, I sliced a bit off my finger. For some reason when I saw the piece of flesh lying there on the cutting board, my first instinct was to pop it in my mouth and swallow it. Which I did.

When I went to the doctor the following morning she was like "well I can't stitch it because you ate it"

This reminds me of the time when, cutting out CD covers for a Stoat release with a Stanley knife, I sliced a bit off my finger. For some reason when I saw the piece of flesh lying there on the cutting board, my first instinct was to pop it in my mouth and swallow it. Which I did.

When I went to the doctor the following morning she was like "well I can't stitch it because you ate it"

Within three days of moving to Big Scary London, I sliced a good chunk of my thumb off. I was chopping onions, everything was stressful.

The nurse the next day stitched it up and literally laughed in my face when I explained "I've just moved here, do I need to pay?".

Got the stitches out a few days later, but it didn't really heal, so I ended up eating the dead dry skin hanging from my thumb. It was about the size of a fingernail. On the plus side, it was detrimental to my slap bass skills.

Within three days of moving to Big Scary London, I sliced a good chunk of my thumb off. I was chopping onions, everything was stressful.
Haha - my incident was just before my first was born, perhaps stressful times make people careless around knives. I reversed my car into someone's van just before my second was born. Less painful, but cost a lot more

It definitely does. The amount of times at work I've had to send guys off into a corner and relax because of whatever personal stuff they have going on. If I let them keep working they'd end up getting hurt or hurting someone else.

We all want to be capable adults, but sometimes life is a bit shit, and it shows in different ways.

have a One4all voucher gift card thing for a few quid but I really need the cash.

So I got a prepaid Swirl MasterCard and I thought i was being all crafty by cross referencing shops that would accept One4all and also allow me to top up my swirl card with it.
Nope. ‘Cash only’
FFS.

10% yeah, and they're integrated into the bike to work scheme too. Both the bike to works I partook in were done via one4all. I spent both my 1k vouchers in the same place. I knew the lad who owned the bikeshop and he did up a fake invoice for me. I ended up spending it on gear, wheels for the racer, shit like that (though did actually get my work bike too). But he told me he couldn't bend much on offering discounts because of the 10% hit the shop had to take. But that was grand in my book. After all I'm getting a grand's worth of stuff for 600 lids.

The only good thing about one4all is that your employer can give you one tax-free in lieu of a portion of salary (once a year). So, if you get a 500 euro, that comes off your pre-tax, so will only cost you what the after-tax amount would have been.
I've never had an employer that would give so generous a bonus

I've never had an employer that would give so generous a bonus
It wasn't a bonus per-se. If it was given on top of your salary it wouldn't qualify to be tax-free. Basically, you had to buy the voucher, and got it tax free. Its possible due to some deal between revenue and one4all (which I think is owned by an post). The only skin off the employer's ballsack in this case is the administrative overhead, which I'd imagine is negligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back