Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

did yo

did you see any of those Marty Morrissey Christmas cards ?
they was supposed to say something when you opened the card but my one
didn't work but I sent it to my friend anyway.

better to be obsessed with Marty than Steven.

The light sensors that trigger the speech in those are not too precise, sometimes a brighter room will trigger them but they do have a 2-3 second delay that you have to close them for to make them switch on.

Can you tell I helped someone build a christmas card this year.

did yo

did you see any of those Marty Morrissey Christmas cards ?
they was supposed to say something when you opened the card but my one
didn't work but I sent it to my friend anyway.

better to be obsessed with Marty than Steven.

I was going to get one.....forgot. Next Christmas.

I guess there's an argument that there's reduced capacity plus increased costs.

I watched a few online gigs, and they were mostly great actually, and at a fraction of the cost of a real life gig, if not free. I mean, I watched Kae Tempest sitting in her living room, giving it socks without wearing socks, chatting to people as they posted in the comments. It was as intimate as any gig I've physically attended. And I think about 15,000 people watched it.

I think the live gig people will have to find some way to adjust to the new dynamics of Teh Wurld. We all want to see live shows, but now we can also watch our fave band happy at home. And online shows will have to find some way of making money. It'll be an interesting thing to observe over the next couple of years.

I guess there's an argument that there's reduced capacity plus increased costs.

I watched a few online gigs, and they were mostly great actually, and at a fraction of the cost of a real life gig, if not free. I mean, I watched Kae Tempest sitting in her living room, giving it socks without wearing socks, chatting to people as they posted in the comments. It was as intimate as any gig I've physically attended. And I think about 15,000 people watched it.

I think the live gig people will have to find some way to adjust to the new dynamics of Teh Wurld. We all want to see live shows, but now we can also watch our fave band happy at home. And online shows will have to find some way of making money. It'll be an interesting thing to observe over the next couple of years.

Yeah that was my point,
There may be small increases in cost but they'll milk it and pass on over double the cost.

And as great as interactive gigs online are, There is absolutely no substitute for being in the same room with a live band

I'm basically agreeing with you. Maybe this topic needs its own chin strokey thread. I can't wait to see a live gig. Or even, imagine it, work at one.

It's a whole new industry out there. €67 a ticket is too much though. Letting people have live gigs online for free is also not a goer in the long run.

i recently heard a radio ad for a gig where the ticket was 90 quid, and thought to myself 'they *cannot* demand that much for that band'.
i wish i could remember which band it was now, but they're obviously too forgettable to even remember their name,

The bang of chlorine off the tap water round here is nuts.

I've taken to getting a big jug, filling it and leaving the water out on the counter for a few hours before I even pour it through a carbon filter. I'm not sure if that actually does anything, but I think the chlorine evaporates off a little bit.

It's like drinking a swimming pool.

microsoft: "Flash will be disabled in the January OS update"
adobe: 'uh uh; we'll disable it on the 12th regardless, did we forget to tell you that?'

it's a great way of shaking the tree and finding out who had still been using flash apps. as it turns out, about 10k of our users.
application owners giving out to me 'why did you turn off flash?' tend to shut up when you ask them 'what have you been doing for the three years since the EOL of flash was announced?'

The BBC has somehow decided that the Irish Prime Minister is called Mikhail Martin. Except the Irish correspondents.

I get Irish names are difficult for these people, I still get called "Seen", but "Me Hall" is hardly Tadgh or Donncha.

That's the minor bit of the complaint about todays news.

david o'doherty brushes off complaints about british people calling him 'o'dockerty' with a 'ah sure, i'm used to my northern relatives calling me that', as if that's some sort of excuse.
if your own relatives refuse to pronounce your name correctly, disown the fuckers.

The BBC has somehow decided that the Irish Prime Minister is called Mikhail Martin. Except the Irish correspondents.

I get Irish names are difficult for these people, I still get called "Seen", but "Me Hall" is hardly Tadgh or Donncha.

That's the minor bit of the complaint about todays news.
Yeah but why does it have a ch in the middle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back