Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

seanc

Threads
I met you outside Whelans in like 2008!!! You're one of the only Thumped people I've knowingly met in person.

EDIT: When I say "met", I don't mean it in the Dublin sense of the word, before anyone starts.

Last edited:

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I met you outside Whelans in like 2008!!! You're one of the only Thumped people I've knowingly met in person.

EDIT: When I say "met", I don't mean it in the Dublin sense of the word, before anyone starts.
Jaysus, am gonna need more context. Also 2008 is pre-historic imho.

seanc

Threads
I'd seen a picture of you on here somewhere. Then I saw you outside Whelans/Village. I think all I managed was "uh...you're him off Thumped!" or something like that. It was the end of the night. I was drunk, you did not seem so.

I didn't even manage a gorillas mot as scare now. In fact, it could have predated that.

seanc

Threads
Well, he did stand three metres tall, the skulls of his enemies hanging as a necklace around his neck, The wretched stink of their blood lingered malignantly upon his many blades. Such was his GLORY, the crowds parted before him with fear and benevolence. It was magnificent.

nooleen

bad ape
Supporter
Threads
I remember when we used to come up to Dublin for the day and you might see the guy in the machine head t shirt somewhere around town, that was a big event

chris d

Supporter
Threads
I grew up in mid ulster. The only other 3 fellas that had any interest in music were my brothers and the old boy.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
RE: Metallers (posts passim)
I was always wild jealous of metallers growing up, they seemed very close knit and had loads of friends who were also metallers. That camaraderie didn't seem as in evidence in any scene I was apart of, especially not the watery indie rock scene. Metallers I grew up with still seem a part of an ageing metal community too, which is lovely.
when I was in my teens my best mate (next door neighbour) was a metaller. He told me that the bitching among his metaller mates was madness levels of mad. This lad would be going out with that girl, then they break up, and both start going out with other people in the same group of mates. They hung around with each other but all secretly hated each other.

He told me once that when they'd go moshing and headbanging at gigs they'd purposely be bashing into one another and be knocking each other over, and that was cos of how much they hated each other

(*the second paragraph is made up but I thought it would improve the post*)

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Ive seen a few @Scientician 0.8 gigs. Then walked past him in the Iveagh Gardens at a Wilco gig a few years back. I almost had a big enough buzz on to say "hey @Scientician 0.8 from Thumped" but didn't.

That's my story of how i nearly said hello to Scientician 0.8.
I was at a @Scientician 0.8 gig in whelans once (possibly supporting someone else - or maybe it was the night U2 supported him - can't remember)

I remember it being around the time the tribute album to bigmonsterlove came out and he proudly declared on stage, 'I'm not sure why there's a tribute album to me, I haven't really done anything'. I LOL'd.

prefuse

Threads
The smell off the hand sanitizers some shops are using. It's like moldy vinegar. Rotten.

egg_

nerd/hippy
Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Listoke Gin up near us are selling hand sanitiser, I think it's basically gin before they add the "botanicals"

My minor complaint - I sent my brother a recording of the new Stoat single and he says "there's a really good song in there, but production is rough as fuuuuck"

:'(

I spent about a year working on that recording, and then paid someone 300 quid to mix it

jonah

Threads

But I met him outside Whelans in like 2008!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

We're listening to...

• Parade - Music from the Motion Picture Under the Cherry Moon
    Christopher Tracy's Parade
    Prince
    Parade - Music from the Motion Picture Under the Cherry Moon
  • Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads