Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

Gig tonight in Dublin. Long drive there. Expensive parking. Pain in the arse to get the gear to the venue. Soundcheck before 8 but we wont be on until 11.00. Won't get out until 12:30. Gear back in the van. Long drive home. No pints. Pay is a pittance.

Not feelin' it.

Gig tonight in Dublin. Long drive there. Expensive parking. Pain in the arse to get the gear to the venue. Soundcheck before 8 but we wont be on until 11.00. Won't get out until 12:30. Gear back in the van. Long drive home. No pints. Pay is a pittance.

Not feelin' it.

Why are you paying for parking after 7pm?

Is it free on street? I always use the car parks

Yeah, unless it's a residential street where the locals have made a special request pretty much everywhere in the city centre is free from 7PM, check the signs just in case.

If you're slightly further out some are from from half 4

Not feelin' it.

Just imagine that you are Varadkar and that your guitar is the Irish economy.

Update: garage said they can fit a generic one on Wednesday so looks like we are getting our car back.

By the way, I don't think it's ALL catalytic converters that are getting robbed. We have a pre-2010 Toyota hybrid and they are the ones getting ripped off left right and centre. Not sure if it's because the cat (that's how in-the-know car-types abbreviate it by the way) is easier to remove from those cars or because the later ones don't have the metal it them that's valuable.

Update: garage said they can fit a generic one on Wednesday so looks like we are getting our car back.

By the way, I don't think it's ALL catalytic converters that are getting robbed. We have a pre-2010 Toyota hybrid and they are the ones getting ripped off left right and centre. Not sure if it's because the cat (that's how in-the-know car-types abbreviate it by the way) is easier to remove from those cars or because the later ones don't have the metal it them that's valuable.
From what I heard on Joe Duffy - who's had a few shows on this, so it's absolutely rampant - they tend to target Toyotas and Mercedes Sprinters - for their Palladium ( I think )
And they like like SUVs (higher off the ground) - but they will bring a jack for a Prius.

Not everyone's reporting it to insurance and the Gards aren't logging the reported thefts the same way in their system (frustrating) so it's hard to say just how bad it is.
But it's apparently explodedin the past 1 - 2 years.
And it's easy as pie for them - takes about a minute.

Really sorry, man. It's galling.

The missus managed to burn a pan of popcorn this morning. The whole house smells of it. I tried to clean the pan and now I smell of it. The dogs smell of it. The cat smells of it.
It's one of my most hated smells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back