Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

What I mean is the show is far from over but the billionaires would rather you despaired, went full nihilism and did nothing to topple them from their perch instead of actually listening to what Greta Thurnberg is saying. Go on your Ryanair city breaks, that won't break the planet.
C'mon, man. I am actually listening to what she's saying.
It's not nihilism so much as familiarity with human behaviour.

I don't own a car or have kids and take the train for almost all long journeys.
I just don't kid myself that it's making a difference, because we're past the tipping point. Maybe a better species could pull out of this nosedive. I don't see that this one has it.

If some billionaire has put that idea subliminally into my head and I'm not as smart as you to see it, then fair enough. But it certainly feels like my own reasoning.

I'd like to delete the last post

No interest in arguing with anyone

I only mentioned the climate to reassure Johnny that I wasn't eco-chastisting him
It was an honest-to-goodness clothes drying hack
But does the house have to be heated in order for the clothes to dry in a reasonable time?

But does the house have to be heated in order for the clothes to dry in a reasonable time?

Not really.

Things want to dry by osmosis and good venting for a drying rack is critical. I use a dehumidifier in the library (shed) and things dry overnight invariably. If i need something fast I add a fan. The dehumidifier has to be there anyways. I think its 135W, its certainly less than a dryer.

Not really.

Things want to dry by osmosis and good venting for a drying rack is critical. I use a dehumidifier in the library (shed) and things dry overnight invariably. If i need something fast I add a fan. The dehumidifier has to be there anyways. I think its 135W, its certainly less than a dryer.

135W?!

That seems powerful

Smalls on a rack will dry quickly
Especially if you hang them at night in aheated house

Jeans and heavier cotton would like some air circulation
Be that outside or even in a cold room with the window open

I never used a dryer in Ireland

Smalls on a rack will dry quickly
Especially if you hang them at night in aheated house

Jeans and heavier cotton would like some air circulation
Be that outside or even in a cold room with the window open

I never used a dryer in Ireland
Reminds me of the time my brother had his Doug Stanhope ‘abortion is green’ T-shirt in the dryer, on the hottest day of the year.
And he wasn’t stuck for T-shirts.
And also it was the only thing in the machine with room on the clothes line only a few metres outside

Reminds me of the time my brother had his Doug Stanhope ‘abortion is green’ T-shirt in the dryer, on the hottest day of the year.
And he wasn’t stuck for T-shirts.
And also it was the only thing in the machine with room on the clothes line only a few metres outside

Irony was lost on him.
Had a good argument that day.

Lads talking about another local who does a lot of marathons.

Lad1: He’s some man, some man. Hives, you ever thought about taking it up?
Me: Running? No, it’s not really my thing.
Lad 2: That’s obvious. (Laughter)
Lad 1: You should, you’re getting a bit pudgy, like not TOO bad yet but you are on your way.
Me: Fuck off
Lad 3: I didn’t say anything..... can I still have another pint?

Lad 1: You should, you’re getting a bit pudgy, like not TOO bad yet but you are on your way.

you should have run them out of the bar

Pretty sure that's negging and it means he likes you

I read it on the internet

jesus. I've said it before, outside our bubbles of music scenes and social media "real" people are completely ignorant of current progressive social mores. Salt of the earth they are, salt of the earth.

Bar them forever. Sell the pub and travel the world until the money runs out.

Last edited:
C'mon, man. I am actually listening to what she's saying.
It's not nihilism so much as familiarity with human behaviour.

I don't own a car or have kids and take the train for almost all long journeys.
I just don't kid myself that it's making a difference, because we're past the tipping point. Maybe a better species could pull out of this nosedive. I don't see that this one has it.

If some billionaire has put that idea subliminally into my head and I'm not as smart as you to see it, then fair enough. But it certainly feels like my own reasoning.
I never said you personally were acting badly nor that you have to do anything to change your life. I said that it's in the interests of those at the top that the people at the bottom despair and think it's never possible to change anything. They said the same about the divine right of kings.

I'm just trying to make the effort to fight the idea that we ended up here "naturally" or by "human nature" wherever I see it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back