Minor complaints thread (2 Viewers)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Left it too long between shaves again. putting it off because i know it's going to be really painful. again.
I just ordered a straight razor. Going to keep this fuzz until it arrives. I should probably buy a white wife-beater vest too

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
This sewer pipe is a lot deeper than I'd been led to believe. It's going to take all day, unless the humidity and flies get too much.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
This evening I learned about reaper's spectrogram view for tracks and turned it on to find my newly recorded tracks have a band of high-frequency noise running through them. I did notice it in my headphones today (and in the past from time to time) but I figured/assumed it wasn't getting recorded but it was, the fucking thing.

1563655252119.png

Below you can see the moment where, after a little trial and error, I unplugged the culprit, THE ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH! There are still several other low level bands of noise, I'm not sure if I can hear those or if it's just my tinnitus.

1563655413364.png

I don't really care, minor complaint.

ann post

Threads
Most people will be aware of stuff up to 16khz while not hearing it totally. In audition you can highlight and delete something like that pretty easy rather than eq it. Lots of devices have a frequency in them that is used for functions to reference off, like drills often have a 4k that they just emit to reference the motor control from. It's a noisy world.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
My hearing is still pretty good on the high end and I can hear a lot shrill unpleasant noises quite well, I got my ears tested. I have a big dip in the mid-range though, it's genetic apparently.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I could here old cathode TVs on standby when I went into a room. Not sure whether flatscreens are silent or that I’ve lost that part of my hearing now.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
This evening I learned about reaper's spectrogram view for tracks and turned it on to find my newly recorded tracks have a band of high-frequency noise running through them. I did notice it in my headphones today (and in the past from time to time) but I figured/assumed it wasn't getting recorded but it was, the fucking thing.

View attachment 12931

Below you can see the moment where, after a little trial and error, I unplugged the culprit, THE ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH! There are still several other low level bands of noise, I'm not sure if I can hear those or if it's just my tinnitus.

View attachment 12932

I don't really care, minor complaint.
Create a noise profile in ReaFir and extract the whole thing with one click of the mouse

ann post

Threads
I've the house to myself so naturally I was picking up cans to set myself up for a David Lynch style evening. In the car park at the shop the cans packet failed and they rolled in a few different directions. Using amateur soccer skills I got them out of now waiting cars way relatively quickly. Went to load them into the back seat and one exploded all over my 👖, inside the car seats etc. Bought those because it looked like I was getting one more than another brand for the money. Now sitting here soaked in beer after the drive home with a clean up operation on my hands.

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
Left my house keys in my parents’ earlier, now I’m locked out of my apartment and trying not to have a toilet emergency given that I had habaneros on a roll at lunch time.
Suffice to say I really hope my housemate hurries the fuck up and comes home from work

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Left my house keys in my parents’ earlier, now I’m locked out of my apartment and trying not to have a toilet emergency given that I had habaneros on a roll at lunch time.
Suffice to say I really hope my housemate hurries the fuck up and comes home from work
well...did we have 'an accident'?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Christmas: The Collection (50 of the Greatest Original Xmas Hits)
    2000 Miles - 2009 Remaster
    Pretenders
    Christmas: The Collection (50 of the Greatest Original Xmas Hits)
  • I Can Walk Through
    Seacat
    The Dinah Brand
    I Can Walk Through
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads