Minor complaints thread (2 Viewers)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Except most of the time you don't even have to listen to know it's a completely different band. Or 2 or 3 seconds is enough to know and I believe that won't count as a play

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Played a gig last night and got 100 quid. Nice enough for a couple of hours'work. But as I drove home I realised I'd been on the road since 8 and wouldn't get home again until 2 that it's a good job I don't do this for a livng.

A minor complaint as getting paid for a hobby is no bad thing and I did it for years for fuck all.

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Played a gig last night and got 100 quid. Nice enough for a couple of hours'work. But as I drove home I realised I'd been on the road since 8 and wouldn't get home again until 2 that it's a good job I don't do this for a livng.

A minor complaint as getting paid for a hobby is no bad thing and I did it for years for fuck all.
Is your band rockabilly goodtime fun? I might have a gig for you.

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
Also speaking of digital music services. Why would there be the same album listed a number of times under an artist. I don't mind so much when it it clearly marked "xxth anniversary remaster" or something but sometimes it's the SAME ALBUM.

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Different masterings/reissues? Vague rights ownerships? And probably a million other reasons.
It is surprising how often it happens.

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Also speaking of digital music services. Why would there be the same album listed a number of times under an artist. I don't mind so much when it it clearly marked "xxth anniversary remaster" or something but sometimes it's the SAME ALBUM.
IIRC there are 2 versions of Sparklehore's "It's a wonderful life" on Spotify

prefuse

Threads
Hollywood Animated kids films getting stars to voice the characters.
Years ago there was really talented voice actors who would create iconic voices for cartoon characters, now they just get multi millionaire movie stars to do their own voices & pay them a fortune. Mel Blanc is turning in his grave.

prefuse

Threads

IFF

Supporter
Threads
Currently in the process of buying a house.
Today I was getting a draft for the balance of the deposit at the bank. The bank teller put the wrong name on the deposit. Instead of solicitors, the teller put limited on it.

The solicitors he was making it out to, was only three doors away from the bank.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Was about to go into town to buy a record and then remembered it's Record Store Day. Ugh.

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
Was about to go into town to buy a record and then remembered it's Record Store Day. Ugh.
Aww. I'd have loved to have gone into town. But I'm too busy, I did get to drop into golden discs in Navan and the staff were making the best of it. They had a series of local musicians playing in the corner. They enthusiastically told me that they were open since 8am and that's why they didn't have what I was (half) interested in. They're usually quite grim in there. Let them have their day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads