Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

I overslept this morning so didn't get to work until 1pm. Its fucked up my whole day and I'm a MURDEROUS mood.

The word "seminal" being used all over the place on social media and in journalism to describe things that are really not seminal. Same with "genius", its so overused and throwaway that it doesn't mean anything anymore and my brain goes AGHHHHHH.

I mean what is that? Everything has to be on 11/10 at all times. Not everything is TRULY APPALLING or A TOTAL WORK OF GENIUS FROM THE LEGEND???
My theory is that thinkpiece-poptimist-being-on-the-"right side of history"-culture has melted our brains to the extent that we now view everything in terms of a retrospective look at that big resistance culture event of 1973 or whenever.

"Going to the shops to buy a pack of digestives as a form of resistance."

Neverending flu. Aches, sweats and shivers have gone but lingering cough/cold/sore throat combo still remains a week later.

I mean what is that? Everything has to be on 11/10 at all times. Not everything is TRULY APPALLING or A TOTAL WORK OF GENIUS FROM THE LEGEND???
Are you behind this review where they literally said NOTHING of note about the album?

"This is a band. A record. That's that."

Audio Review: Alien She - Feeler

Its not that bad, I'm just upset they called us pop-punk.

Are you behind this review where they literally said NOTHING of note about the album?

Listen, I'm not saying music journalism should be bare bones and fact-fact-fact at ALL, actually the contrary. My point was more about hyperbole and the tendency towards exagerrating everything in terms of langauge. I think it means that we're not really properly critical of anything. I mentioned journalism more in passing/

This review is awful for a different reason. Falls more into the annoying habit that a lot of music journalism has of wanting t.o contextualize everything into GENRE, A, GENRE B, while rejecting the zeitgeist of GENRE C, influenced by BAND 1 and BAND 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back