Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

Ah, shite. Thank you though! I will into places here.

Another minor complaint

- I've been offered a new job, wahey, however the salary is only 23,000 pro rata and its 3 days a week so that would mean I would need to go on part-time dole which, in my experience, absolutely sucks, Bah! Dunno what to do.

And they never will.

Also, some people don't find awkward funny.

I have tried on multiple occasions to start watching It's always sunny ... and I just can't get past the scene where they get caught saying the bad word in the first episode and I've have such a strong physical reaction to the cringe and awkwardness of the scene that I've had to just turn it off every time.

Awkward comedy just reminds me of moments of my own cringing humiliations and brings me right back to that point emotionally.

I have tried on multiple occasions to start watching It's always sunny ... and I just can't get past the scene where they get caught saying the bad word in the first episode and I've have such a strong physical reaction to the cringe and awkwardness of the scene that I've had to just turn it off every time.

Awkward comedy just reminds me of moments of my own cringing humiliations and brings me right back to that point emotionally.
You’re missing out on the greatest sitcom ever made

The US office completely misses all the nuance and subtleties of the UK.
I’d argue the opposite. The UK one is a sledgehammer, where the US one is a smaller hammer. I don’t think either is that subtle but the US one definitely wins out for me.
Besides, most people who dislike the UK office actually just dislike Ricky Gervais memes or their stupid ma/da/uncle/work mate in the pub telling them it was funny back in 2002 and they've never forgiven them.
Yeah, that’s true. It’s not because people have watched it and don’t like it. It’s purely because of memes and your ma/da/uncle/work mate.

In fairness, it’s not like it’s devoid of good moments but it’s so much less consistent than the US one (Gervais hit his stride better on Extras I feel but I think I liked that more because he was less central to the comedy). I unfortunately didn’t watch the US one for years because I presumed it was going to be a lesser version of a show that was OK but I was so wrong.
Same here. It’s not even just that it was cringey but that the humour felt so dated. “Oh hey, gay and black people interacting with white people is funny, right?”

Yeah, that’s true. It’s not because people have watched it and don’t like it. It’s purely because of memes and your ma/da/uncle/work mate.

Now, now, I wasnt being entirely serious, I just remember you couldn't move for people re-enacting a Gervais dance for a while there in the early 2000's.

I still think its unfair to compare 15 odd fairly pioneering episodes against season upon season of 24 episodes a season.

There was a scene in a book I read this morning on the shuttle to work where one character killed another, and I've been feeling very feelsy-emotional ever since. Songs are making me sad, cold coffee brings a tear, I stared into a puddle at my reflection and sighed.

There was a scene in a book I read this morning on the shuttle to work where one character killed another, and I've been feeling very feelsy-emotional ever since. Songs are making me sad, cold coffee brings a tear, I stared into a puddle at my reflection and sighed.
There's a book by Denis Johnson (RIP) that opens with a character shooting a monkey out of a tree without really thinking about it just because he has a gun in his hand. He, instantly regretting it, rushes over to see tears in the monkeys eyes as it lays dying. I wasn't right for days after that!

There's a book by Denis Johnson (RIP) that opens with a character shooting a monkey out of a tree without really thinking about it just because he has a gun in his hand. He, instantly regretting it, rushes over to see tears in the monkeys eyes as it lays dying. I wasn't right for days after that!

I would have the same reaction to that, its the exact kind of thing that would send me into breakdown mode to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back