Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

I dunno after ten years on the road with one crash, i'm glad i failed my first one. sure it cost a little more money but it instilled a concept that I could possibly not be the most amazing driver on the planet and required more work before i should be let out on the road. Its not a personality test for you or the instructor like.

First time I failed,we got back to the test centre and the tester told me I had failed,pointed to the faults and told me I had done something very dangerous. Me,thinking oh shit,I have to drive home,hope I don't do it again ask what I had done. The reply was that he was not allowed to tell me.

I get home furious(not that I had failed,but that I wanted to now what I had done so i would not do it again) and look to see how I can lodge a complaint and hopefully find out what I had don.The information was that I could complain but basically don't expect anything back.
Obviously no explaining would convince me otherwise,but right then I decided it was all about filling quotas.

When I finally did pass,I took a few lessons,the instructer was great,told me I was certainly not a bad driver,but that I was showing nerves and theerfore not driving withe the confidence I should or would normally. He gave me a page with some notes and told me to read it before I drive and I should do ok. I did so for the next two weeks or so and I passed.

I also saw somewhere that taking your test on a friday morning was the best time,because traffic was lightest and therefore you are less likely to get caught out by something unexpected. I passed on a friday morning.

First time I failed,we got back to the test centre and the tester told me I had failed,pointed to the faults and told me I had done something very dangerous. Me,thinking oh shit,I have to drive home,hope I don't do it again ask what I had done. The reply was that he was not allowed to tell me.

I get home furious(not that I had failed,but that I wanted to now what I had done so i would not do it again) and look to see how I can lodge a complaint and hopefully find out what I had don.The information was that I could complain but basically don't expect anything back.
Obviously no explaining would convince me otherwise,but right then I decided it was all about filling quotas.

When I finally did pass,I took a few lessons,the instructer was great,told me I was certainly not a bad driver,but that I was showing nerves and theerfore not driving withe the confidence I should or would normally. He gave me a page with some notes and told me to read it before I drive and I should do ok. I did so for the next two weeks or so and I passed.

I also saw somewhere that taking your test on a friday morning was the best time,because traffic was lightest and therefore you are less likely to get caught out by something unexpected. I passed on a friday morning.
I think this was my problem. My nerves got the better of me and I made a couple of poor desicions. Also roundabouts suck ass.

I think roundabouts are fine,it's the fact that most people don't know how to drive on them,or more importantly,don't indicate.
I'm sure I make mistakes,but I try to indicate at the very least.

That’s weird, when I failed my test the tester was very clear as to what I did wrong (reverse around the corner in my case).

That's why It pissed me off. For all I know I still do that dangerous thing.

When I did eventually pass,it had changed over to getting marked on a tablet. The email of confirmation of my pass was in my inbox before I was.

Yeah..it does play on my mind a bit.

I'll be swimming in the local lake soon enough..just have to deal with fish piss then

Driving test, I'm in the 3rd time club. I found the key was to look in control while making sure the tester saw you looking around all the time. Don't check your mirrors by moving your eyes.... MOVE YOUR HEAD.

Marillion just announced a tour with a string section. Playing some nice venues including 2 nights at the RAH. Complaint? IT'S IN NOVEMBER 2019!
Thats perfect it'll give you time to save up

#drvingtestthreadinmotroringforum

My instructor was great. He told me to act confident, push it very slightly over the speed limit to show you're in control. Make sure the tester notices that you are aware of your surroundings and you know what you're doing.

He also mentioned that the fact I was in a classic mini would help. O'd say my tester couldn't wait to get out of the noisy deathtrap and probably thought if I could drive that I could drive anything.

Friend of mine failed because he took the wrong exit at a roundabout and drove into a McDonald’s drive thru. I think he should have turned that to his favour and ordered 24 McNuggets and told the instructor they were for celebration on passing. That’s true confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back