Minor complaints thread (28 Viewers)

I got my period today, which is fine in and of itself. I mean I'd rather not bleed from my vagina, but I'm over it. I'm NOT over randomly bursting into tears in a taxi this morning because I'm reading "A Little Life" and its truly. fucking. me. up. Anyway, the taxi driver was awkward, I was awkward, he didn't say anything which is exactly the right thing a taxi driver should do in this situation. Minor complaint.

I read A Little Life a few months ago. I found it pretty depressing and I don't even have periods.

I read A Little Life a few months ago. I found it pretty depressing and I don't even have periods.

I'm still only half way through and well aware of the upward struggle that lies ahead. I can't decide if I love the book more than reason, or if I'm just furious at it.

I'm still only half way through and well aware of the upward struggle that lies ahead. I can't decide if I love the book more than reason, or if I'm just furious at it.

I thought it was very well written but after a while I started getting annoyed at the amount of misery that the author was inflicting on Jude. I started thinking 'Ah come on, cut him some fucking slack'

I thought it was very well written but after a while I started getting annoyed at the amount of misery that the author was inflicting on Jude. I started thinking 'Ah come on, cut him some fucking slack'

Yeah, I feel that. I love the characters and so far I'm, fully on board, but there is this weird element of like... Jude isn't a real person to the author, just a kind of otherworldly angel she's in love with making miserable. Like she fetishises his misery. But at the same time, does it so well I can't really be mad. Will complete thoughts when I'm finished.

Trying to properly set up hifi system again. No idea what I'm doing. Again. The confusion on different types of imputs & all-round ignorance is infuriating. Back to Hifi thread!!

Yeah, I feel that. I love the characters and so far I'm, fully on board, but there is this weird element of like... Jude isn't a real person to the author, just a kind of otherworldly angel she's in love with making miserable. Like she fetishises his misery. But at the same time, does it so well I can't really be mad. Will complete thoughts when I'm finished.

Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head there. It's very readable but I did get the feeling at a few points that the author was getting off on making things as shitty as possible for him.

Actually, here's another minor complaint. I don't have as much time to read these days since I stopped taking public transport.

On the plus side, I'm not taking public transport.

I've been trying to find that image from an old movie where a naked woman is inside a golden horse that I saw on here about five years ago and I can't come up with whatever awful combination of awful finds that in google and now she's all like 'what horse lady'.

Trying to properly set up hifi system again. No idea what I'm doing. Again. The confusion on different types of imputs & all-round ignorance is infuriating. Back to Hifi thread!!
red to red
black to black

on your own after that i'm afraid

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back