Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

He's Conor McGregor not Muhummad Ali, people have forgotten you don't need to be a decent person to be good at what he does. He's not a living legend, he's just famous right now.

anyway, minor complaint: they're playing Hard-Fi is this pub.

He's Conor McGregor not Muhummad Ali, people have forgotten you don't need to be a decent person to be good at what he does. He's not a living legend, he's just famous right now.

anyway, minor complaint: they're playing Hard-Fi is this pub.
arguably, decent people are incapable of doing what he does and being good at what he does is like being good at rape. my problem is as much/more with the media who give exposure to this goon. racists gonna racist but hearing e.g. today with sean o'rourke giving coverage to this on their monday sports briefing is part of a slow, insidious creep of validation.

being good at pummeling someone to a bloody pulp is not praiseworthy, not something to be proud of, not deserving of media plaudits, not 'a bit of light-hearted fun'. it lowers the sum of human achievement and debases us as a species.

don't mind me. i've been up since 5.30, from the wrong side of the bed.

Muhammad Ali was a renown racist btw
um yeah sure he was Piers Morgan, him and Malcolm X

being good at pummeling someone to a bloody pulp is not praiseworthy, not something to be proud of, not deserving of media plaudits, not 'a bit of light-hearted fun'. it lowers the sum of human achievement and debases us as a species.

mmm maybe but if the people who do take it pretty seriously want to call it a sport i'm not gonna argue, there's loads of stupid sports out there.

In fairness its pummeling a consenting person who also might pummel you, it happens within a controlled environment and is monitored and can be stopped by a third party.
I think it suits 2017. Its very like the kind of thing i'd imagine happens in the Colosseum. I've convinced myself that doing things like giving the middle class tax breaks while ignoring people on minimum wage does way more damage than this ever will.

I'm hungover, good morning.

I think that comment was in relation to the things he had to say about Joe Louis, whether you believe that a black man's comments about another black man can be racist is another matter though.
If so I'd say it's more or less the specific matter here.

but anyway, i guess my point is that Muhammad Ali was an inspiration in many, many parts of his life and yeah, granted, comes with complications. Conor McGregor is pretty one note.

If so I'd say it's more or less the specific matter here.

but anyway, i guess my point is that Muhammad Ali was an inspiration in many, many parts of his life and yeah, granted, comes with complications. Conor McGregor is pretty one note.

I think we can all agree that McGregor (and Mayweather for that matter) is a horrible prick.

I would imagine that's significantly better than most of what I hear is on facebook etc.

(Mind you,its probably arguments about the new Dr being female)

I saw an article that was looking at the stats on twitter. on the doctor being female:

20% is people complaining the doctor is a woman
80% is people complaining about people complaining about the doctor being a woman.

Can't multi-quote on d'app but yeah I was just getting at the fact that Muhammad Ali was a hateful prick to fellow humans as well.
I don't think McGregors memory will live on as strongly as Ali's but time will tell. I hope he gets knocked the fuck out TBH

I saw an article that was looking at the stats on twitter. on the doctor being female:

20% is people complaining the doctor is a woman
80% is people complaining about people complaining about the doctor being a woman.
My feeds fell into the 80 %, I didn't see anyone giving out about her being a she (aside from screengrabs used by people complaining about complainers). Now I'm complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back