Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

This list of websites that don't work in old browsers grows daily. I see facebook not longer supports likes, shares etc in old Safari.
Thumped better not be next.

Why won't you update your browser?

I don't update my mac because it works for audio. its 11 years old and its churning up wav files no problemo. I'm a thundering hippy at heart and I see no reason why I should scrap heap something that still works. upgrades take up space and eventually outstrip the processors abilities rendering equipment redundant. No updates from opening the box means things will chug a along for a few years longer than the tech industry want them to. The one time i did update one of them, it rendered a few plugins redundant and cost me two months work.

Anthony though, he's just a hipster.

The OS I use works great for everything else. If I update then I have to update every fucking thing.
I'm in the same boat as ann post. I have a 10 year old workhorse.
I've complained about this before. The updates to these site are mostly useless bullshit anyway or the cynic in me thinks these updates are all behind the scenes crap to track you.

you're going to start running into serious security problems if you don't update, both from broken stuff not being patched and from things like not having up to date SSL cipher support. You're really not doing yourself any favours.

If a computer is 10 years old then you've gotten your money's worth. By all means keep it around while it still works, but buy something newer for day to day internetting stuff, even a wee laptop for a couple of hundred quid.

edit: try this for starters Qualys SSL Labs - Projects / SSL Client Test

the cynic in me thinks these updates are all behind the scenes crap to track you.
i work with the chap in our company whose job it is to reverse engineer targetted spam/malware. he's incredibly paranoid, and it's not about the software updates. it's about who the software updates are designed to stymie.

you're going to start running into serious security problems if you don't update, both from broken stuff not being patched and from things like not having up to date SSL cipher support. You're really not doing yourself any favours.

If a computer is 10 years old then you've gotten your money's worth. By all means keep it around while it still works, but buy something newer for day to day internetting stuff, even a wee laptop for a couple of hundred quid.

edit: try this for starters Qualys SSL Labs - Projects / SSL Client Test
The problem is for Mac users who use USB peripherals that many of them can't be used after OS 10.6. We had a ton of expensive equipment in the lab that ran off macs that, only I had upgraded my own Mac and found that the software didn't run anymore, we would have turned into paperweights over night. About €40,000 worth of paperweights. Granted we're lucky that the macs don't need to be network enabled as they're only for running experiments on but it's still an issue with using up to date versions of other programs on them. I like Apple but fuck Apple.

The amount of queen songs being used in ads recently. Now queen were never exactly fugazi, they were always mad for money & they made shit loads of it. Do they really need to licence their songs to an ad with a dog singing the tune about a floor cleaner?

I'm sure some its some hedge fund owns the rights to the back catalogue......ect

I took the lads into Tower Records the other day and told them to pick something each, my treat. They were playing some godawful wailing dirge music in the shop that made the whole process a nightmare. I couldn't bare it, nevermind the chaps. We left empty handed.
On the way to the bus we tried again in the easons tower. We left with a poster, a magazine and the Stranger Things soundtrack.
Thumbs down Tower. Also we couldn't find the soundtracks in the big Tower.

Went to Rome last week with the kids, which was generally wonderful (we used to go a lot BC and it was ace to be back).

The presence of soldiers everywhere was really disconcerting though, outside all the main tourist spots, government buildings, any churches with notable art (which is most in Rome), all fully armed with massive machine guns. The road to the Colosseum had army vehicles parked at odd angles, I assume to impede someone driving a truck into the crowd. Really troubling to see. Didn't spot this in Berlin last summer, has this become a common feature recently on the continent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back