Minor complaints thread (38 Viewers)

i dunno. there's a couple of fairly big sites with work underway, one beside Kepak and another on the old N3 (?) road parallel to the M3

That would make more sense I suppose. Where I was thinking is out of the way farmland really.

I'm going to go and I'd rather give a tenner to the National Gallery than most establishments. The freebies in there are so good, it feels like robbery most of the time.
yeah, fair point. I was just moany 'cause my initial expectations of it are of it always being free.

Last time I was in I went on a spending spree in the gift shop and got Andrew Graham Dixon's Caravaggio biography. It was going heavy into the local Italian church and political set ups. Seemed excellently researched, but I ended up taking a break after the first hundred or so pages and never got back to it. Will stick back on the list now.

Due to rush hour congestion caused by ongoing work at the Facebook site near where I work a road that normally takes a minute or so to to drive down can now take up to half an hour to clear.

And this is only phase one of a four-phase development, with work likely to last into the 2020s.

So I now have to drive a few miles in the opposite direction of where I want to go in order to double back on a different road to bypass that mess.

#fuckfacebook

FzFJSDr.gif

it's massive. A friend of mine visited the site. They have installed something like 30 water wells that cost 3 million each. They have a temporary car park for builders that cost another million. The ESB (that we pay for) has built a hub on site for their exclusive use. Four more years (at least) of traffic congestion. The natural landscape has been changed forever.
When it is all built it will provide jobs for a grand total of 50 people.

i dunno. there's a couple of fairly big sites with work underway, one beside Kepak and another on the old N3 (?) road parallel to the M3

Is that near Cruisrath? There's a big development going up there we're waiting on the call to go into.

And there's a large new microsoft build/refurb going on somewhere that we'll be working on at some point

Is that near Cruisrath? There's a big development going up there we're waiting on the call to go into.

And there's a large new microsoft build/refurb going on somewhere that we'll be working on at some point

No idea where cruisrath is - like @hydromancer says just look up Facebook data centre on maps.google.ie and you'll see it.

The Millenivval's I work with today are a great bunch of forward thinking people who are no better or worse than the grunge kids that I was, or the emo kids after me at that age. They've a much better understanding of rights and diversity than I had at that age. That said, the occasional 'snowflake' moment happens here which catches me by surprise and I do actually think they are hitting a point of over sensitivity which is a result of a self curated social network. i.e. in the 'bubble' what they know, how they perceive events is lauded, then confronted with someone from another generation who has literally never experienced or heard either what they or talking about or the terms they are using. They get shocked that someone is so out of touch, and the people outside the millenivval bubble are confounded by the in depth level of sensitivity they've been confronted with
BuzzFeed Tries to Break Readers Out of Their Social-Media Bubbles

The idea is an attempt to get readers to understand -- or even acknowledge the existence of -- the viewpoints of people who don’t think like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back