Mini Marathon June Bank Holiday weekend (1 Viewer)

dleacht

I've just registered with the charity I'm doing it for so I can't back out. Registrations for real thing end of February through the Evening Herald apparently. I've never done it, its purely so I've some motivation to do some exercise.

Anyone done them other years?

I did it a few years ago. I half ran, half walked it. Was pretty frustrated most of the time stuck behind people who were moving too slowly even when I was only walking and I think I probably ended up doing an extra few kilometres zig-zagging to get past them.

That said, it is good fun.

Are you planning to run, jog or walk it?

I did it a few years ago. I half ran, half walked it. Was pretty frustrated most of the time stuck behind people who were moving too slowly even when I was only walking and I think I probably ended up doing an extra few kilometres zig-zagging to get past them.

That said, it is good fun.

Are you planning to run, jog or walk it?

Haven't decided. Definitely not run, perhaps jog it.

Haven't decided. Definitely not run, perhaps jog it.

Then you'll probably be doing what I was doing (unless you get down there very, very early) - running in the gaps, getting stuck, finding an opening to run through, getting stuck etc. But there is a lot more space after about 5km.

cool, thanks for that. I'm looking forward to it now, I'll see how long my good intentions last. I think I've recruited four other friends to do it with me. Different charities though so wont be doing it together

cool, thanks for that. I'm looking forward to it now, I'll see how long my good intentions last. I think I've recruited four other friends to do it with me. Different charities though so wont be doing it together

I don't think there is anything to prevent you doing it together. Odds are that even if you started together you might not finish together though. Once you get separated it's not easy to find each other again.

My wife did this today for the second time. Can think of worse things to do than wait at the finish line and watch thousands of fit ladies finish the race.

Fair play to dleact and Anto's missus.

Thats a strong argument you've got for attending the race Anthony.

I was in a shop in Donnybrook getting Lucozade Sport for the last 15 minutes of a kickaround and there were tons of mini-marathon participants taking a break in there, getting crisps and sweets, etc. One numbered lady bought a big bag of party-size Crunchies and three almond Magnums for her and her mates.

A good diet is very important for that type of endurance sporting event.

Would love a game of football this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back